Eight.

It's been almost 3 days since that night,when Dayu went to Wang Qing's house. Wang Qing clearly remembered Dayu stayed there until morning but when he woke up,Dayu was no where inside his house. He went to Dayu's apartment but he was not home each and every time. Wang Qing had a lot of questions he wanted to ask but he can't seem to keep find Dayu anywhere. Even his phone was switched off. Wang Qing started to get worried so he drove off to the National Museum. 

"Irene" 

Wang Qing called out for that woman once he laid his eyes on her walking around the information counter. Irene turned around and beamed as she saw Wang Qing walking toward her. 

"Oh look who is here" said Irene as she flashed her smile and stepped forward. 

"Sorry to interrupt you during working hour," apologized Wang Qing once their eyes met.

"It's fine.Meeting people is part of my job" she winked and let out a little laugh before asked "Are you here to find more information about that ancient general again?" 

"No,i am not here for that.Ummm- " Wang Qing paused.My mouth suddenly felt heavy.

"My boyfriend perhaps?" guessed Irene. Wang Qing faintly nodded his head. 

"Something happened to him?" Irene asked as she gasped. 

Wang Qing quickly shook his head and said "No.Well i don't know that's why i am here.Last time i saw him was few nights ago"

"During blackout?But that is impossible" Irene furrowed her brows. 

"Beg your pardon?" said Wang Qing. He was already confused by what happened that night but he got more confused during that chat with Irene.

"We went to your apartment that night but you did not show up.We knocked few times" explained Irene.

"What are you talking about.That night we.....". Wang Qing pressed his lips. He was about to spilled on what they did that night. 

"Hmm?I was with him until midnight" Irene slightly tilted her head.

Wang Qing wanted to ask more but flock of students suddenly came in and Irene had to tend to them. Wang Qing bid goodbye and drove off to the station. Along the way he kept on thinking about the other night.What actually happened?Was he imagining things?What game are you playing  Jianyu.

Upon arriving at the station,he immediately searched for Chengyu but unfortunately he took a day off. Wang Qing proceeded to meet his acquaintance and asked for help;looking into Feng Jianyu's record.Wang Qing knew it was illegal to do so but he desperately need an answer.Being a wise officer,his friend declined his request. Again Wang Qing failed in his mission. He stood in front of the station as he placed his hands on his waist. He looked up and said "Let's play a game then" before getting into his car and drove back to his apartment. Two weeks of suspension almost up,he must report back in duty soon.When that time arrives,he won't have time for that little play anymore.

Wang Qing packed his things and put them into a small luggage. He had a plan in his mind,by hook or by crook he will make that happen. He took an elevator to the fifth floor on the opposite building and rang the bell as he stood in front of Dayu's apartment. No one answering the door though he been pressing the bell for numerous of times. So he decided to sit and wait. Neighbors walked passed him gave a certain look but none of that bothered him as he sat while waiting. Dayu did not come home until later that evening. Wang Qing thought his bottom might get a cramp from sitting for too long.

"Wang Qing?What brings you here?" asked Dayu when he saw Wang Qing in front of his apartment. 

Wang Qing stood up and rubbed his legs."I want to hire you as interior designer for my house" he said.