Chapter 2: Cheerios and Confrontation

*3 months later*

Adam pulled his flannel plaid pajama pants on as he stretched and walked to Maddie's room. He carried her in his arms and placed her in her high chair. Maddie mumbled something as Adam prepared a bottle for her in the microwave. He heard a knock at the door. Before he answered it he got out some Cheerios and scattered them out on the tray in front of her. He quickly answered the door, it was Jesse, Adam's best friend and bandmate. Jesse followed behind Adam as he got the bottle out of the microwave. Jesse kissed Maddie on the head and smiled at her.

Adam picked Maddie up and started feeding her.

"So man?" Jesse started, his face looked uneasy.

"Yeah?" Adam responded, looking up from his daughter.

"I think it's time you come back to the studio and start working on music." Jesse said hesitantly, he shuffled his feet a bit.

Adam looked back down at Maddie.

"No, I'm not ready." He said, sternly. Maddie seemed to not eat the rest of her bottle so Adam placed the bottle back down, burped her and then readjusted Maddie, so she was balanced on his hip.

"Adam," Jesse said reluctantly. "I know these last 7 months have been tough but -" Adam cut him off.

"I said no."  Adam said, in a cold manor.

"But Adam! You can't just stop your life because, because-" Jesse stuttered. "Because well Hope, you know what I mean. You have to keep moving,"

"Jesse, you didn't lose the love of your life. You don't have a six month old baby. Okay?" Adam explained, his voice irritated. "Don't try to tell me how to live my life."

"We'll how you live your life affects how I live mine." Jesse scoffed.

 Adam stared back into Jesse's eyes, a battle between the two of them. "Just think about it okay?" Jesse suggested as he walked out. 

Adam knew he wasn't ready, although he did miss recording. He had a few songs written, mostly inspired by the events of the last six months. These songs were special to him, more so than any others. Adam wasn't ready to let his precious words come to life yet. He was happy having them live on paper. Of course Adam wasn't going to leave Maroon 5, that wasn't even an option.

He knew it would be time to come back soon but not yet. He couldn't bare leaving Maddie with a nanny, someone who she would grow up thinking was her mother. No, Adam wouldn't do that. The thought of even going through that process made Adam nauseous. However, Jesse made a point saying it effected his life, because Adam's actions did. 

Please tell me what you think is going to happen in Adam's life. I just want to see how you guys are liking the story. Thanks so much. :)