Chapter 5: Family Matters

Adam stood in front of his dresser debating what he was going to wear. He just threw on a pair of jeans and a white T-Shirt, a typical "Adam" ensemble. But this time he added a 'grandpa sweater' as he called them. Hope always loved when he wore them. He subconsciously wanted something that made him feel closer to Hope when he went to the daycare. Adam entered the daycare, causally walking to though the doors. A young girl maybe about 23, was at the front desk if the room. Her eyes lit up when Adam entered the building.

"How can I help you?" The girl asked trying to hold in her excitement.

"I would like to enroll my daughter Maddie, in your daycare." Adam said with his signature charm and smile.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked, fixing her hair about a dozen times.

"Do I need one?" He asked surprised, trying to smile.

"Yes," he heard from behind him.

"This is an exclusive daycare and just because your Adam Levine doesn't mean you can waltz in here and expect a spot." The women said in a condescending tone. Suddenly Adam realized it was the same women from the park yesterday.

"Oh I didn't realize I needed to make an appointment." Adam embarrassedly said.

"We'll you should have done more research then." She said back, slightly tapping her foot.

Adam debated what he wanted to do. After a few moments of deliberation, he spoke again.

"Why don't I make an appointment for Thursday? Would that work?" He asked shyly. 

"Fine, be here at 4:30 PM. No later." She answered with almost no emotion. Her brown beady eyes pieced his light hearted soul. 

"Thank you, I promise I’ll be here." Adam said graciously.

The women gave Adam a harsh smile and walked off.

*The gray that covered the sky was so fitting, Adam thought to himself. It's not like he wanted a bright, sunny, LA day anyway. It didn't fit the occasion. He stared back at his closet, not wanting to dress in this certain attire. He slipped in his slim fit black slacks, the last time he wore these was when Maroon 5 performed at the Grammys. He chuckled harshly, comparing the circumstances of the two occasions. Adam then buttoned his black pinstriped shirt, the detail was so small you couldn't tell there was a pattern. He held the tie he was going to wear in his hands. Adam felt the silk between his fingers. He took a breath and let it out. He wanted to delay actually putting the tie on. When he did that would mean this day was real, and he would actually need to accept that this was happening.*

Thank you so much! Please tell me  what you don't like and what you do. I Just want some feedback.