Chapter 6: Black and White Memories

Chapter 6: Black and White memories

Adam stared at the cup of coffee he made for himself. Black, just the way he liked it.  The interview with the daycare was in a few days, and Adam was beyond nervous. After failing to fall asleep, he sat in the kitchen, as usual, trying to get his feelings out. Sadly, he couldn't quite focus on writing. His mind was going off in a million different directions. Usually, everything flowed out perfectly, from his head to the paper. Everything was so... different now. Writing wasn't the same. The lyrics just turned into fail attempts to cover up his emotions. When he tried to write an upbeat, fast song with catchy hook it ended up sounding like something you would play at a funeral. He couldn't have a whole 12 song LP with slow ballad after slow ballad. That wouldn't market well, especially after Maroon 5's temporary hiatus.

He put down his pen in disbelief. Picking up his head, Adam looked around his mildly new home. The walls still looked freshly painted, still capturing the warm color that was on the swatch. The house was 4 months old, although it didn't look very lived in. Despite the various toys, baby clothes and scraps paper with scribbled lyrics that covered the floor like a blanket. The clock rolled around to 1 AM, Adam's best writing came out after the sun went down. He decided maybe he would wait it out a little longer.  Adam got up out of the chair he was sitting on, when he needed a break he always made his way to Maddie's room.

Adam tip toed through the darkness of her room and made it to her crib. He looked at her as her body went up and from her light breathing. Every day she resembled Hope more and more. Adam moved the small brown teddy bear closer to her and adjusted her blanket. She made a small noise, stirred a little and carried on sleeping. Adam loved her cute button nose, rosy cheeks and tiny blue eyes. There wasn't a thing he would change, other than Hope not being here. Adam stared lovingly at his daughter for a few more moments before returning to the emptiness of the living room. He sat back down at looked up at one of the few photos he had of Hope and him in the house. It was your stereotypical classy pregnancy photo. Black and white, featuring Adam's muscular, tattooed arms wrapped around Hope's stomach. He smiled, remembering how that day came to be. No matter how much he protested, he eventually gave into Hope and her irresistible smile.

*** "Hope, do we have to?" Adam whined, as he dragged his feet behind Hope as they walked through the house.

"Adam! You promised!" Hope said as he tried to put on her shoes, but her stomach was too big for her to reach her feet. Adam laughed and Hope shot him a glare.  He bent down and put one of her blue Nike sneakers on.

"But these things are always so pretentious. I really, really, hate them. Most of the time they turn out badly and tacky." Adam said as he finished up tying Hope's shoes.

"Thank you," Hope said with a sweet smiles as she tilted her head to the right. "Will you just please do it? For me? It won't be that I promise."

Adam waited before answering.

"Fine, but if they get my bad side, I'm suing." Adam joked, getting up from the ground.

Hope cupped Adam's face in her hands and kissed him passionately. 

"Gosh, you're such a drama queen." Hope laughed, letting her effortless smile show. 

After many hours of posing, reposing and small pointless adjustments, the photo shoot from hell was finished. The photographer had a few of the photos open as Hope and Adam were getting dressed. He ushered them over to view some of the pictures. Adam stood adjacent to Hope, his arm wrapped around her back.

"Wow" Hope smiled.

 An image of Adam and Hope appeared on the screen. The photo was black and white, the epitome of sophistication. The way Adam's chiseled body was wrapped around Hope's as his arms seemed to drape over her bare rounded stomach like billowy curtains. Her pale, flawless skin was only enhanced by the effect of the filter. Adam's hands were perfectly placed on Hope's. From the angle the photo was shot you wouldn't be able to tell that Hope was shirtless. Hope's neck was tilted slightly, it fit perfectly in the crook of Adam's neck, as he starred lovingly down at his fiancé. Adan's intense stare captured their relationship perfectly. You could see the love in the eyes of the two as they awaited the arrival of their little miracle.

"Okay," Adam finally said. "I'm glad we did this."

"I love you." Hope giggled, as she moved closer to Adam.

"I love you too." He said back, still on an emotional high from moments before."***

Hope you guys liked this chapter, and enjoyed the cheerful flashback Adam had. Sorry it isn't very happy, the story was due for somthing lighthearted. Thank you so much for the votes and reads. Please keep giving me feedback,  want this story to be the best it can be. :)