New Home

I've now been sitting in my black mustang for about an hour now, watching snow fall from the sky onto my car not wanting to get out and face the truth that my mothers dead and that now I have to live in Calgary with the father that I don't know on...

I've now been sitting in my black mustang for about an hour now, watching snow fall from the sky onto my car not wanting to get out and face the truth that my mothers dead and that now I have to live in Calgary with the father that I don't know one thing about. I take a deep breath and grab my bag and open the door and take a step into chilly air, I shut the door of my car and start taking small steps towards the house. once I reached the door I knock and waited, a man answered the door.

"Hello are you Michael" I said the man looked me.

"Yes that's me, wait Emily is that you sweetie" the man asked and I just rolled my eyes.

"Obviously its me, unless you're expecting another daughter to be showing up at the door" I said.

"Well come in you must be freezing out there" he said opening the door wider allowing me to come in. I take a step in and look around seeing family photos a lady, a girl that looked about my age and a little boy.

"Well come meet everyone their all in the living room" I follow him into the living room is and everyone turns around.

"Who's this Michael" the lady with short blond hair, pale skin and green eyes asked.

"This is my daughter Emily, member I told you she was coming to live with us after Charlotte passed" Michael said and the lady stood up and came over to me and grabbed me by my hands and looked me up and down.

"Well hello honey, I'm Stephaney and this is your sister Lacy and your younger brother Dylan" Stephaney said with a big smile showing off her pearly white teeth.

"Well this may seem rude Stephaney but none of you's are my family" pulled my hands from her grip and turned towards Michael and asked "where will I be staying"

"Oh yes, follow me" I followed Michael up stairs to the room where id be staying for a year. The room was painted a cream colour with a bay window, in the middle of the room is a queen sized bed covered in blue and white sheets than two doors leading out of the bedroom.

"Thanks, I just need to get my stuff from my car" I said dropping my bag on the bed as I was walking to the door Michael grabbed my arm. 

"Be nice Emily I know your going though a rough time and all" he said and I ripped my arm out of his hold.

"You don't know shit, so don't start acting like you care about me now" I said walking out of the room and to my car I grab my two suitcases and the large duffle bag putting the duffle bag on my shoulder I lock my car and grab the suitcases than start walking back to the house. I stopped when I heard the rumbling of a motorbike come from next doors driveway the slick machine   backed out of the driveway than took off down the road.

I walked inside and back into my room, dropping my duffle bag on the ground took my combats boots off and jumped on the bed face down. I lay on my stomach thinking about my mom, about all the good times we had together like when I was eight my mom got me the puppy of my dreams or the trips the boardwalk in LA or all the shopping trips or the time she let me get my first tattoo but my fondest memory of my mother was two months before she passed she wanted to go shopping for a prom dress so we flew to New York for a week and while we were there, she found the perfect dress it was a black dress that had a deep neck line and a slit in it at the leg, it was just perfect. I started to cry from the memories of my mother I missed her, I missed her a lot. A knock at my door is what brings me out of my thoughts and memories, wiping away the tears the door opened and in stepped Michael.