Christmas

It's a week before Christmas and Zoe couldn't wait.They have been taking care of her for almost a month now and she seems to be getting closer to them.She doesn't cry as much,she seems really happy.She still calls Esposito,daddy,and she still calls Kate,Katie.Zoe is watching her favorite show while Esposito and Kate does their real jobs aka the reason they're in this town.Esposito sighs then leans back in the seat "This is worthless,I was actually hoping we would be back in town by now.And we can celebrate Christmas with our families rather than just us" he says frustrated.

"Me too,but.....that was before Zoe came" Kate smiles as she looks out the office door,the office is close to the living room,so they can see Zoe sitting on the couch and watching the TV.He looks out the door too and smiles "Yeah,but I always celebrate with my mom.She'll be lonely,usually I stayed with her the longest" he sighs again then covers his face with his hands."You're not the only one.I celebrate with my dad every year,I don't want him to be alone all Christmas.I want to celebrate with him too this year,at least for a couple of days" she admits.

He looks at her and she looks at him as if they have the same crazy idea.Kate takes her phone then dials the captain's number and puts it on speaker.He picks up on the third ring "Do you have an update?" he ask without bothering with any hellos."Um....no sir,we just have a request to make" she says.He sighs "What is it now?" he ask."Uh.....can we.....?" he says but trails off."Can you what?" he ask."Visit our parents for Christmas,just a couple of days" she continues."You both know that the killer will get suspicious if you keep coming to New York.Even if it is to visit your parents.I'm sorry but.....no" he was about to hang out but Esposito stops him.

"Wait sir,isn't there something we can do?I don't want my mom to be lonely for Christmas" his voice pleading."Well.....there is one thing.But it's not what smart cops would do" Roy says."We never said we were smart" Kate says."Ok....you can invite them over.Just for couple of days" Roy says.They're silent for a few seconds then Esposito ask "As in,invite them...here?"."Yes,as in invite then there" Roy says.They look at each other then Kate nods at Esposito and he nods back."We're desperate right now,so we'll take it" Kate says.

"Now shouldn't you be looking for suspects" Roy says sternly."Yes sir" Esposito says."Before you hang up.How's the kid?Zoe,right?" he ask.They smile hearing that question come out from their captain's mouth "She's fine.She's enjoying her new home so far,she doesn't cry much anymore.The nightmares are also completely gone" Esposito answers."Glad to hear.Anyway,back to work you two" he orders."Yes sir" they say in unison then hangs up."So...when do we invite them over?" Kate ask."How about two days before Christmas?" he suggest."How long will they be staying here?" she ask.

"Can they stay for five days?" he ask."Maybe?" she answers "Let's just invite them for five days.But before we do.....we need to go Christmas shopping"."Right now?" he ask.She nods "When else,Christmas is near and we haven't prepared for it at all" she says."Ok then,let me just go get Zoe.Can you go grab her jacket in the room?I don't want her to freeze" he says."Sure.Just let me clean this mess up" she says looking at the piles of papers and files on the table."I'll do it,you go and change first" he says and she nods then head upstairs to change into something warmer.

___________________________________

They're at the mall buying all things necessary.The ornaments decorations and lights to decorate with and even ingredients to make cookies,because kids believe in Santa and they don't want to ruin Zoe's hopes and dreams.They went tree shopping and bought a really nice tree to put at the living room.They bought a lot of food,because they'll be celebrating with two other people.

They really went all out for this Christmas.It is their first Christmas together,so it has to be memorable and special because they won't only be celebrating with their parents,but with a little girl who's never went to a big family gathering before.They want her to feel like a normal girl in a normal family,even though this isn't their house and they're faking their marriage.