Stormed In

It's been almost a week after the party,their friends already went home,and they still haven't found anyone that fits the killer's profile.Suddenlly,it started raining heavily.They were in the office when a loud thunder echoed throughout the house,it made them both look up from whatever they were doing,Zoe even ran to them screaming.She hugs Kate tightly,showing no sign of letting go anytime soon.She looked at Esposito as a sign that he should check outside,while she stays with Zoe.He nodded then went out and peeped through a window,it was horrible,the wind was so strong a tree looked like it's going to topple.

The heavy rain was loud too,but suddenly,a flash of light appeared,followed by the crashing sound of thunder.He saw the weather forecast,they said it might rain the entire day,so it meant they were stuck in the house.He headed back to the office,where Zoe was covering her face with Kate's shirt,terrified.He approached her slowly,then tapped her on the shoulder.She returned around,with eyes filled with tears,she's scared of thunder.His theory was proven right as another loud thunder appeared,making her jump then hold onto him."I'm scared daddy" she finally speaks with a voice that squeaked.

"Its ok,I'm with you now.I won't anything happen to you as long as I'm here" he promises as he hugs her.She sniffles then wipes a stray tear away."Come on,let's get you something to eat" Kate offers.She smiled then finally lets go of him and follows her to the kitchen.He looked at the piles on the table,it's been months since they first came,but there's just so sign of them finding anything new any time soon.He wants things to go back to normal again,not that he hates being here with Kate and Zoe,but missed actually solving things instead of doing the same things everyday,again....not that he hates it.

He cleaned up a little,then heads to the kitchen,where Kate and Zoe are making some sandwiches."Looks like we're stuck in the house today" he breaks the news.Kate nodded while Zoe's eyes shine,more than usual."Can we watch a movie?" she ask,hopeful to spending time with them.He looks over to Kate who have him an approving smile,then back at Zoe "Sure Zo,what do you wanna watch?" he ask."Well..." she trails off,thinking of all the movies she wanted to watch with them,but jumped as another loud thunder appear.She even hid hid under the counter,almost dropping the spoon she's holding.

He crouch down to her level,then offers his hand to her "Are you ok?" he ask.She shakes her head quickly and stayed hidden.He sighed then somehow managed to sit next to her,holding her close to him while stroking her hair."He's after me,daddy.I don't wanna go" she says curled up to his side."Who is?" he ask worried about her."Logan,he wants me to go.But I don't want to" she cries."Don't worry,he can't bother you anymore.Me and Kate will be there to protect you" he assures."You mean you and mommy" she corrected.He smiled and nodded "Yeah,me and your mom" he says.She smiles "Can we watch a movie?" she ask suddenly.

___________________________________

It's still raining outside,but the thunders are softer.They just finished their third movie in a row."More!" Zoe exclaimed in excitement.They look at each other nervously "I'm,maybe we should do something else.My back is starting to hurt,sitting all day" Kate suggest.She thought for a moment before saying "Ok,how about we play pretend?" she suggested with a way too playful grin.She has her back turned to Esposito,as he mouthed a 'No way' to Kate.She had to resist from reaching out and smack him at the back of the head,so she smiled "How about you rest for awhile,then maybe your daddy will agree.But right now,you need the rest" she reasoned.

She nods,then as if on que,she yawns and rubs her eyes sleepily."Ok mommy" then she lays her head on his lap and quickly drifts to sleep.She glares at him as soon as she thinks Zoe's asleep."What?" he ask with a shrug."I thought you're supposed to be the cool dad,but you can't even play pretend with her?" she shakes her head on disapproval."I never said I was,but thanks for pointing it out,I knew you'd notice" he smirk making her eyes roll "And I'm not against her playing pretend,just against myself being dressed into any sort of costume" he explains."That's pretty much like being against her playing pretend" she says with a matter-of-fact tone.