Chapter 19

When Lukas saw his brother arriving at the party he knew that Peter's spy succeeded again and managed to find out that Electra was back. Melina looked at him in despair, nothing they tried, to keep Peter away, seemed to work. Melina tried to find Electra with no success. Lukas informed Ares, who didn't see Peter because he was speaking with John and Nick at the time.

Ares knew that his uncle wouldn't dare to do anything in front of so many people but feared that if Electra had to face Peter, all the suffering she had been through because of him, would come on the surface. He wanted to take her away from there as soon as possible, to protect her. Lukas and Melina were waiting for them. Before they could reach them Peter appeared in front of them with a smile which looked more like a frightening grimace: "Well hello!! How nice to see you again Electra. You became more beautiful than before." Peter said, looking to her with his penetrating eyes.

"Hello uncle" Ares stepped in to help her "How come you are here?"

"Ares, I see you are next to Electra, as always." The sarcasm was obvious. "Are you leaving already? It's too early. Please don't leave yet, you will miss all the fun." The hidden threat in his words sent shivers down her spine.

"Peter why are you here?" Lukas came to stand behind Melina.

"Brother, how nice to see you." Peter's eyes stopped behind Lukas where Melina was standing. "Melina" He muttered. Electra could feel the awkwardness in the atmosphere. Peter looked hurt while looking at Melina.

"Hello Peter" Melina seemed hesitant. Electra had never seen her act like that before.

Peter got a grip on himself quickly. "I see all the gang is here." He was ironic again. "That is perfect so that all the interested parties are present."

Peter had a plan in his mind again. Everyone could see that, because he didn't care to hide it. In fact Peter wanted to use the information about Electra's real family, to cause a rift between her and the charismatics. He already started befriending the family and they thought of him as a good person. They trusted him. He also told them that he knew about their child's kidnapping and he was trying to help them with his connections.

Angel came towards them.

"Welcome Peter. Where is Kevin?" She was smiling gently.

"Although he wanted very much to come he had work that couldn't be postponedto do . Angel have you met Melina? She is ..." Peter dragged his voice on purpose. He was enjoying the panic he was causing.

"She is my aunt. She came back with me." Electra popped up in the conversation to help Melina. The two women gave their hands smiling at each other.

Angel was called in the kitchen and Electra gave Peter an angry look. "What are you trying to do?"

"I am trying to help the situation." His expression was saying otherwise.

Melina stepped in front of Electra and with flaming eyes told him: "I hoped you would be manly enough to honor your promise."

"I promised not to hurt the family if you came out of Utopia and I won't. On the contrary I want to help them."

"Don't you dare drag them in this." Electra was out of her mind with him.

"Peter, don't make things worse. Think well before you act. Let us discuss it first." Lukas tried to convince his brother to back down.

Peter stared at Melina: "OK I will leave for now. Let's see what the future hold for us." Then he turned and left.

"He came just to display his power" Ares said to Lukas who nodded back to him.

"His spies are very effective. There is no way someone could find us using powers. "Lukas was very bothered by his brother's actions.

Before the party ended, they left. All of them were silent. Each of them was thinking something different. Lukas was thinking about how he could get Peter's spy. Melina was thinking what happened to the man she once loved and what would have happened if he told everyone who she was. Ares feared about his uncles plan to get Electra and Electra was thinking about her family. What would have happened if her family learned that she was their child? What would they think about Melina if they learned she was the one who took her?

The next morning they left for the city. They went straight to Lukas' house. It was simply and manly decorated as well. There were three bedrooms and one big living room. Blue was the prevailing color. After they talked for a while Lukas together with Melina left for the headquarters. Ares stayed back with Electra. They decided to prepare lunch together and they had a lot of fun doing it. Electra forgot all about the danger she was in. Ares reassured her repeatedly that she was safe. He pointed out that Lukas appointed bodyguards for Electra on top of the charismatics who were protecting her from the start.

After lunch they decided to watch a movie on TV and while they were picking the title discovered they had a lot of things in common. The more she was getting to know Ares the more she liked him.

Lukas and Melina came back at the evening. Melina told her that they had meetings with the charismatic's elite. They were trying to predict Peter's next move. All were worried that his eagerness for Electra's powers would lead him to act to the extreme. She could feel everyone's anxiety during dinner. She was feeling nervous herself since she was feeling that something was about to happen, all her senses were screaming.

The days were passing in turmoil. Usually Lukas and Melina were out for the most part of the day. Ares and Electra were together all the time that way they had the chance to know each other even better.

One day Melina and Lukas informed Ares that their meetings were going to keep them late at night and probably until early in the morning. Since the time she arrived in the city Electra hadn't seen Kevin. She knew that he had helped her escape from Peter and she owed him for that. In her mind she couldn't forgive him for the part-even if it was unintended- that he played in Helen's death. Ares asked her if she would like for them to go out for the evening and she said yes.

The bar was on the top of a hill and the view from there was wonderful. The lights of the city were sparkling in the night's darkness. Electra except from a beer, she used to have from time to time with Nora, never had anything stronger so she ordered that. Kevin appeared in front of them staring at Electra apologetically.

"Hello Electra" Kevin was shouting to be heard because the music was too loud.

"How are you Kevin?" She asked him politely.

The last image of Helen kept appearing in her mind as she was answering Kevin's questions. She was feeling upset so she asked the waiter for a vodka with orange.

When she emptied her glass she understood her mistake. She was feeling the alcohol running through her veins and she started talking dragging her words.

Ares realized immediately that Electra was drunk. He informed Kevin that they would leave.

On the way home Electra was sleeping in the car. When they arrived it was still empty. Ares put his hand around Electra's waist to support her. He took her to her room and put her in her bed. As he was turning to leave the room Electra extended her hand and grabbed his. Before he could react she pulled him on the bed with her. Ares tried to stand up but she didn't allowed him to on the contrary she pressed her lips against his.

Ares tried to talk to her but she didn't want to listen. Ares couldn't resist any more. His hidden desire since the time he saw her on the bridge, after those two years, was becoming reality.