Chapter 25

When Electra opened her eyes she wasn't in the room any more. She was on the bridge, where the gate to Utopia was. She couldn't see clearly around her because of the thick fog.

"Mother, father!! Where are you?'' She was afraid of what the Shadows could have done to them.

"Electra!"

She turned to see where the voice was coming from. The elders of Utopia were coming from the other side of the bridge. She was impressed since she knew that Melina was the only one of the elders who was going out of Utopia.

"What are you doing here? You are in danger. All Utopia is in danger. Shadows are here with all their power. Go back!" She couldn't believe that all the elders were risking getting out of Utopia.

"Don't worry we are not physically here. We are in your subconscious. We came to help you. You are about to acquire your last power. This power was never given to anyone else before. It is the ability to remove the powers of every charismatic no matter how far or how strong shields they are. This is the power that Peter is afraid of. He wants you to join him or else he will get rid of you. You are the ultimate threat for him."

"Even if I have that power I am not strong enough to use it against all of them. I already collapsed trying to control my powers and shielding myself against them."

"As soon as you acquire the last power you must follow your fate. Your baby will help you. She will be your source of power. That explains the timing they picked to make their move. They hope your baby isn't strong enough yet. That is the reason why they tested you."

"Won't all this be dangerous for the baby?" Her agony made the elders move awkwardly like they had something to hide. She knew immediately there was something they didn't want to say to her. Finally the man moved one step closer to her:

"In our archives we couldn't find another case like yours. Therefore we don't know what will happen to you or the baby. The only thing we know for sure is that you are too much of a threat for the Shadows to let you free."

"Can you at least protect my family? Is there someone among you who has the power to erase memories?" Her intense reaction moved the elders. One of them moved forward:

"I can." He said to her.

Electra approached him and grabbed his hands:

"Please, if something goes wrong and I can't make it, I beg you.... Erase me from the memories of the people who will hurt. That is the only thing I ask from you."

The man looked at her with sympathy:

"We know this task is too big and too unfair for you but you were the one who gained the power to make everything right. We will be supporting you all the way and don't worry about your family."

Electra opened her eyes slowly. She was on the floor of the room. Angel and Alex were fighting with two Shadows to get close to her. Angel's eyes were full of tears. Dawn was looking at the scene with no feelings at all. Electra felt the energy in her growing. She stood up with difficulty. She didn't want to let her mother see that she wasn't a simple human. All this stress was enough for them. With her hand she wiped the blood of her nose but it kept running. She turned her head to Dawn.

"I can't stand the pressure any more. I am about to collapse. I will do as you say but only if you leave my parents alone. If you will not agree I will fight to the end."

Dawn spoke to the guards and caught Electra's arm leading her out. Electra paused for a while and looked at her parents and smile:

"Don't worry you will be safe. I love you."

Angel spread her arms: "Electra!"

As she was walking next to Dawn Electra thought 'Don't worry mom and dad I will have the power to make them unable to hurt you or anyone else.'

Dawn asked Electra to drop her shield for her to be able to get in her mind. Electra knew that she shouldn't think of anything that would jeopardize the safety of anyone from this point on.

"Your first task is to get us inside Utopia." Dawn said to her with flat voice.

"Why don't you leave those people alone? They made their choice." Electra saw Shadows appearing behind the trees. There were so many of them. No wonder no one from the charismatics headquarters could find her. There were in the glade, close to bridge leading to Utopia when Electra felt her energy out of control. She flinched as her eyes started glowing. Blue light was coming out of them. Dawn, who couldn't handle the energy, jerked back. The Shadows immediately formed a circle around Electra. As it was late in the afternoon and the light was becoming dimmer the glowing eyes of everyone around her were the main source of light.

Electra felt the familiar pain and doubled up.

Suddenly fireflies started flying all around. They formed a wave of light and after they spun on the air for a while they flew around Electra forming a moving shining dome.

Dawn confused wanted to move back to contact Peter but her path was cut by Lukas, Melina and Ares. They were followed by a lot of charismatics.

"You are too late. Electra accepted to be under our control. You can't take her back." She said although she knew the situation was out of control.

Her ironic smile made Ares furious and he moved aggressively towards her. Melina and Lukas stopped him:

"Let's find Electra first."

"You lost them both." Her malevolent words made Ares freeze.

He turned back:

"What do you mean?"

"I am happy that our spy is doing such a great job preventing important information from reaching you.Don't you know that your beloved is pregnant? Not that it matters anymore. You know that you won't be able to see her after today."

Ares was stunned with what he heard. Melina stepped in front of him:

"Where is Electra now?"

"Don't worry you won't miss her. You will be able to see her for the last time."

All of a sudden a strong wind started blowing.

"Let's go find Electra!" Melina grabbed Ares' hand and pulled him with her as she was starting running.

When they reached the glade the spectacle shocked them. Electra was standing in a big circle of Shadows. She was standing still in a dome made by fireflies with her eyes closed and her hands crossed in front of her belly. Her feet weren't touching the ground.

"Electra!!" Ares' desperate voice made her closed eyes open slowly. The blue light coming from them flickered as her heart wavered but soon her powers took over again. She knew she was the key for the well being of her people and already knew what she had to do about it. She slowly closed her eyes again. The pain was unbearable but she had to endure it.