Chapter 20

Electra opened her eyes. A heavy hand was lying on her stomach and a leg was on top of hers. Ares' locks of hair were falling on his face as he was sleeping and he looked as peaceful as a child. She was still watching him when his eyes suddenly opened and he smiled at her:

"Good morning. How are you feeling? "

Her head was hurting a little but she was happy:

"I am fine." Her warm smile appeased him. He was afraid of what she would feel after the night they had together. He enfolded her in his arms.

"You know what I am feeling about you, don't you?" He wanted to make her understand that sleeping together wasn't an impulsive act but the consequence of their feelings.

"I think I do." Electra answered with a mischievous look on her face. When she saw the time on the alarm clock she tried to stand up:

"I have to leave before everyone wakes up. I will feel embarrassed if anyone sees me getting out of your room."

Ares held her hand preventing her from getting of the bed. "Electra, I really love you. I want you to always remember that."

She smiled sweetly to him and gave him a kiss. "Don't worry, I know. I love you too. That is the reason behind what happened last night."

Electra went to her room. Passing in front of Melina's bedroom she saw the door open, she hadn't been home since the previous night. When she went to the kitchen Ares had already prepared breakfast.

Before they started eating the front door opened and Melina with Lukas came in. They looked exhausted.

They all sat together to have breakfast. Melina explained to them why they had to be out all evening. A major attack, to a special charismatic, took place so they had to help. Shadows discovered this woman's identity through their spy. Charismatics had just discovered her. She had the most strong shield power they had ever seen and that was the reason she could hide from all of them for all this time. After they finished eating Melina went straight to bed. Lukas looked at Ares:

"I think it would be good for Electra to work. She could be your personal assistant at the company. This is a way to keep her protected at all times."

Although the charismatic's headquarters had a special task, the company which was its front was a successful company. Everyone in the headquarters were working there when they were not needed by the charismatics.

Ares and Electra agreed.

As the days passed in a blissful routine, Electra was feeling more and more appeased. She was happy next to Ares who was pampering her at every chance he had. She was trying not to think about her real family and was keeping herself away from them. That was the only way she could think in order to protect them.

Melina started to see Lukas with a different eye. She was beginning to realize his efforts to get close to her and started to appreciate them.

Ares with Electra on one of their rare nights out  met Kevin once. He was feeling guilty of his father's doings but he couldn't do anything about it. Electra started pitying him. It wasn't his fault that he was Peter's son.

Kevin on the other hand felt that he didn't have the right anymore to pursue Electra, furthermore he could acknowledge her feelings towards Ares.

During this time the silence of Peter was somethingthat everyone was afraid of.

Peter was thinking how to get Electra away from the influence of Lukas once more. His son couldn't complete the task the previous time so he was going to use the divide and conquer strategy. He picked up his phone and dialed

"Alex, can we meet? I have good news for you. Bring Angel with you." The die has been cast.

Peter's phone call caused a stir in Dr. Alex's house. The moment Angel heard that Peter had news for their missing daughter she felt anxious and was counting the minutes to their arranged time. Nick, John and Isidora were excited about the news.

Peter went in the restaurant a little later than the couple. He did it on purpose. He wanted his words to have the maximum impact on them. Alex and Angel were sitting all anxiously waiting for him.

The moment he stepped in, both of them stood up. Peter could see the agony on their face. Angel was pressing with her hands Alex's arm. They were ready to hear what he had to say.

After they greeted him and sat down they started talking.

"I have very good news for you." Peter looked at them. Angel's eyes were tearing. "I found your daughter."

Tears were rolling down Angel's cheeks:

"Where is she? Is she all right? I want to see her." With her last sentence she was begging him.

"Don't worry she is fine. In fact you have already met her."

"Who is she?"

"Your daughter is Electra, the girl you found and brought here two and a half years ago."

"Electra..." Both of them were shocked. They couldn't believe that the girl they had in their house was their own daughter.

"Where does she live? We need to find her. We have to take her back with us." Her last words were addressed to Alex who looked dumbfounded too.

"Well there is a problem there. You see she lives with my brother who already knows who she is. I am sorry about that. Although he is my brother I know he is in the wrong for keeping you apart."

They were surprised.

"Why would he do such a thing ?" It was Alex's turn to speak and he seemed angry.

"I don't know why he did what he did. My thought is that he did it to help his son who is in love with Electra. They live together in Lukas' house."

Alex stood up pulling Angel with him:

"Let's go take our child back ." His furious look satisfied Peter. His plan was working.