Chapter 8: Answers*

Mays pov
"I have so many questions...." I started. "Why? Why did you leave me with another family? Why did you... abandon me? Why didn't you raise me?" I asked.

"Because May, you wouldn't be safe with me. There are bad guys out there. If they knew I had a daughter, they would go directly to you. Just like what happened at your school. Plus, I needed you to not have powers until you were old enough to handle them." He repied.

"How come I never noticed my powers before?"

"I took them away so you wouldn't suspect anything."

"Um..." I started, then looked at my bare feet smudged with dirt. "By the way... thanks for saving me that day... at school." I said, still looking down at my feet. "Do my parents- other parents know about this?" I asked.

"Yeah..." He began.

"Who's my mom?-My real one?" I asked.

"Her name was Shane Leona, but now its Shane Kent. Your other dad is... a brother of mine....he was adopted by my parents but given to my aunt that was already on earth before Krypton was destroyed. He was the only one I trusted." He said with a faraway look in his eyes.

I looked over at the Flash. He was just watching everything.

"Bling!" His phone beeped. Then he got a call.

"Sorry. Just a minute." He said, walking away a few feet. Me and Clark. watched him. He answered the call.

"Oh um...ok...we'll be right there...bye Joe." He said to his phone.

He turned it off. He looked at Clark and said, "We got to go. Iris needs us." The Flash said in a worried voice.

"May, I hope we can talk soon. Bye." Clark said looking sadly at me.

I was sped by the Flash back to my porch. Then he sped off. I could see in the distance Superman flying, almost as fast as the Flash could run. I could tell we had gone far into the forest. I would never forget what happend that day.