Chapter 9: Does it make sense? *

That night, I sat in bed, thinking about what happend. Would I tell my adoptive parents that I know? They know. That's why they have been so strange lately. It would come out eventually.
I soon fell asleep, my mind still wondering.... Does it make sense?

The next morning I got up and got ready for school. I didn't want to go because of what happend the last couple of weeks. What could happen?

I guess when somone is adressed two times by superheros and supervillans, having getting told they were very important to Superman, news spreads fast. Everyone and I mean everyone stared at me with a horrified look.

In the halls.

At music.

In class.

At lunch.

Everywhere. Were they afraid I had some powers and were going to hurt them? Well, I don't. Ok well I kinda do. But I don't currently have them.

Then I had gym class.

We were playing vollyball. Again. Ugggggh. This time it was inside. (Sarcasticly) Hmmmm....I wonder why!!???!!!???.......

During gym, my teacher acted a little strange. I don't blame him. He stood near me the whole time, never leaveing my side. When gym class ended, I was ready to rush out the door and get away from him and my fellow students. Just as I was opening the door, he called me.

"May, could I have a word with you? Please." I stopped, slowly turned around, and headed over to him.

No no no no! What now? I really don't want to talk about it!

"Follow me." He instucted. I followed him into his office.

"Sit." He said. He pointed to a chair on the other side of the table.

I slowly and carefully took a seat.

"Yes?" I said in a nervous, foggy, whisper voice.

"I think you know what this is about. But, what did really happen the other day?"

"Oh um-"

"No, nope, don't tell me any more. You don't have to if you don't want to." He looked down at his cupped hands sitting on the desk.

"But,...what can you tell me?" He asked.

I stared down at my feet. His black carpet had white stains all over. I looked up.

"Some things...I never.........expected....happened,....and uh..."

I could tell he sensed I was nervous. I was still looking down at my feet.

"Ok May,.... I see. You may go to your next class now."

Was he letting me off the hook that easily?

I nodded and stood up. I headed out the door. Halfway there, my coach stopped me.

"May, I'm always here, you know that right? You can tell me anything. Ok?"

I just shook my head in reply and headed off. No, I don't want to tell him anything. I barely knew him. I can't even tell my parents right now.

The rest of the day went on with only a couple of stares, and after what felt like 100,000,000 hours, I got home.

"Hi May!" My mom said as I stepped in the front door.

"Hi." I quickly said as I sped past her rushing to get to my room.
I closed the door.

I felt like I had to tell somone. I had to tell somone how I felt about everything. But who to trust? Well, there was only one person.