Chapter 20: Almost Complete*

Mays pov

"HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!"

"Cisco, I can hear them, but I can't find the building." I said into the earset that came with my suit.

"Try going straight two blocks, the left, then take another left, that should take you there." Cisco instructed.

"Ok."

I ran the way I was told, and there I saw it. A huge house was burning in flames. Barry was already there.

"Let's go!" I said, running up to the building.

"Ow!" I yelled as Barry took hold of my blue cape.

"Wait!" Barry said. "Let me handle this one." He said.

"No-" I started to say as he sped into the building.

"HELP!" The voice rang out again.

Barry went in.

I ran into the building anyways. The bottom floor was completely fine, but as I continued up the long stair case, it got hotter. And hotter. And hotter. I finally got to the top, and I saw flames everywhere. At the end of the hallway was a man and a woman, the man much older than the woman. They were trapped in the fire, and Barry was at the other end. He waved his arms in a circle almost as fast as he could run, winding down the fire. When he had made a big enough passway, he grabbed the couple, and headed back. I followed.

"HELP!" I heard another scream. This one sounded like it came from a young, high pitched voice.

I raced toward the sound. There, surrounded by fire, was a little girl, three or four years old. I didn't know how to get to her. Then, I thought of an idea....but I wasn't sure it was going to work, but I tried it anyways. I ran in a circle as fast as I could. I ran and ran and ran. I saw the fire calming down. The wind getting produced from me running was just enough. I finaly was able to go to the girl, and I took her outside, and set her down. I saw Barry already out with the couple. I also saw the fire department. Too late for them.

"CRRREEAAACK!!!" I turned around to see the giant house collapse in front of me. We had done it right in time!

"Come on!" Barry said. I followed him as we ran back to S.T.A.R labs.

"Nice job!" Joe said. I looked over, suprised. He must have come while me and Barry were away.

"I guess I underestimated your abilities." Barry said, clearly taken aback from my rescue.

"May, can you come here?" Clark asked as he came into the room.

"Yah, sure." I replied.

We walked into the hallway. Clark wasn't in his suit for once. He was in jeans and a plaid t-shirt.

"Change and go home. Your mom got home from work for a little. I think you'll want to meet her." He said.

"Oh. Ok.....see you later.." I said. I sped off to go change, and then I headed for home.

This was it. I was going to see my mother. The real one. The one I didn't remember. The one I felt like I never met.

I slowly aproached the front door. I was about to put my hand on the door handle, but stopped, my hand almost touching it. I slowly pulled it back. What would I say? Or do? Well, I guess I was just going to open that door and see. I slowly pulled the handle and opened the door. There, I saw a woman with almost orange hair, and she was wearing fancy work cloths, like a reporter would wear. She was in the kitchen, washing the dishes.

"Mom?" I slowly asked from the doorway.

She put down whatever she was holding in the sink, making a CLANK noise. She looked over at me.

"May?" She asked. I nodded in reply.

She came over to me, and I slowly stepped a few feet towards her. She hugged me, both of us not minding the open door, letting in a cool breeze.

"It's...it's been so long, hasn't it?" She asked.

"Yes, it has." I replied.

"Your all grown up now." She said, pulling me away, her hands still on my shoulders.

"Not quite...." I said.

"You just so much older than I remember. " we pulled back from our hug.
"So, I've been hearing all about..everything..." she started. "Tell me more!" She said as she led me to take a seat at the kitchen table.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"And as we were heading out, I heard another little girl scream, so I figured out a way to get to her!" I explained.

"How?" She excitingly asked.

"I ran in a circle so fast that I created enough wind to wind down the fire!" I explained.

I had told her everything that happened since the day at school with the attack. I realized how much had happened in the last couple of months.

"Oh, I need to get to work. Thanks for everything, May. I should be back tonight for dinner. See you later." She said as she picked up her stuff and headed out the door.

"Bye." I said.

A thought crossed my mind, mom would want me to start school again. I didn't want to, but I would have to soon.

I headed back to S.T.A.R labs almost as happy as a girl when she gets a kitten she wanted for 12 years!