Long time no see

You were working and it was mid afternoon. Business was a bit slow today but that didn't bother you much it was oddly relaxing, though you couldn't help this bad feeling bubbling inside of you. You were ploughed over the counter as you watched the customers chat happily. Your eyes were slowly beginning to droop, your head nodded as you were falling asleep. You jumped awake as your head hit the counter and you rubbed your eyes.

"What's going on?....I need more coffee"

"That can only do so much yn" she chuckled in your head

You shook your head and poured yourself of a cup and drank it. You frowned you still felt tired. You didn't get immuned to it did you?

You started to feel a bit weak and held onto the counter to steady yourself. You could feel the darkness calling to you but you refused to give in. You clenched into your locket and closed your eyes taking a couple of deep breaths to steady your vision. You opened your eyes the feeling wasn't completely gone but you could handle it. You hadn't noticed Grillby was watching you the entire time.

"YN can I speak to you for a moment in private" Grillby called out to you.

You nodded your head and went out to the back.

"So....what is it?"

"YN.....I think you should go home early"

"What do you mean a grill...."

"Sigh....yn I've noticed ever since I met you, but I decided not say anything about it"

"What do you mean "

"YN you look sick....you look like your exhausted and your thinner than you ever were. I know you don't sleep yn and you can't fool me with make up."

"........" You went silent and didn't look at Grillby

"YN why are you doing this to yourself, your slowly killing yourself.......I'm worried about you"

You clenched your fists " It doesn't matter"

"What are you saying yn, of course it matters their are people who care about you beside me"

"No there isn't!" you yelled showing the intense pain in your eyes which quickly went away but Grillby caught a glimpse of it

"....... You wouldn't understand.....can we just drop this"

"Sigh....I understand"

"Trust me Grillby I'm fine.... I'm standing here working aren't I" you gave him a forced smile

"Okay yn......if you say so, I'll trust you"

"Thank you" you said genuinely

You went back to the bar leaving Grillby inside. As you got behind the bar you rest your head in the palm of your hands. You were not okay at the moment. Grillby suddenly confronting you startled you and your bad feeling only got worse. You hoped the rest of the day would be just like any other normal day and there be no more surprises.

..........

It was night now it was pretty late. There were far less more monsters inside the bar than there were before.
You were currently attending to one a small group of monsters that were in front of you.

"Uh....sorry miss" one of the dogs you remember that poured the drink on you.

"For what?." You questioned wiping off the bar

"Uh you know , pouring that drink on you"

"Why?, I deserved it"

"Please don't say that , it only makes me feel worse"