Chapter 1 - Time Bomb

Laura's POV:

I didn't sleep very well last night, so I decided to just lay on the couch for a while, but I can't even motivate myself to turn on the TV. I'm so tired... it's only 9pm.

Work was hard today, I was on set for some TV drama show doing my best to make the actors look good with makeup and all kinds of different wigs, but I was walking around so much that my legs feel heavy now... I can't forget that I have a night shoot tomorrow evening.

I unlock my phone and start to aimlessly scroll through my Instagram feed when I see a cute little edit a fan has made of Toru. They edited a flower crown on his head, he still lookes really handsome though...

Gosh I miss him so much... 

It's been three weeks since he left for America to do some promo for his band's new album. Of course we've been texting, snapchatting and skyping each other but it's just not the same when he isn't home. I genuinely miss having deep conversations with him and just having him here. 

We haven't had a meaningful talk in forever. We rarely see each other and when we do all we talk about is how long he's staying for, when I have to get to work.

Our apartment seems really big and empty and cold tonight, so I snuggle up in my blanket on the sofa. 

I can feel my eyelids getting heavier... I shouldn't fall alseep with my makeup on... at least I have my comfy pants on...

When I wake up I feel a warm hand on my cheek, I open my eyes.

"Hi gorgeous" Toru says and smiles.

What? Am I still asleep ... I thought he wasn't gonna be home for another week, how...?

"O-Oh my god... You're back?" I stutter and fall into his arms to hug him tight.

"I thought you weren't coming back for another week." I manage to say quietly.

"Yeah we had to change the location of our video shoot." He explains.

"I'm so happy that you're back, I've been missing you like crazy, you have no idea." I blurt out, smiling like an idiot.

"I missed you so much too... but I can't stay long, we have to fly to Manchester tomorrow morning for the shoot." He says.

I stop smiling and hugging him to look into his eyes.

"So you only stay for one night?" I can see the sadness in his eyes.

"Yes..." He quietly says. He looks at the floor, almost like he's ashamed to say what he just said. 

How can I enjoy any second of tonight when I know he'll be gone again in the morning? It's like a time bomb or something... Why does it have to be like that? It's so difficult.

"I love you" I say after a few moments.

"I love you too" He leans in for a kiss, I close my eyes.

We pull apart from the kiss.

"So much" He adds.

I smile a little and let myself fall back into the couch.

Toru stands up to put his jacket and shoes away.

"So how was work today?" He asks.

"Tiring, some actors just straight up think I'm their personal slave, Do this for me, Do that, Get my sunglasses, blah blah blah" I try to mimic the actress who plays the main character. She's been a bit of a bitch recently.

"But you only get paid for doing their makeup, you should tell them that that's the only thing you're going to do for them." Toru suggests.

"Already did that but you know how I am, I can't say no, and I wanna do everything to make people happy." I explain.

He walks over to the couch and kisses my forehead.

"And that's one of the reasons why I love you." He says.

After a while of catching up with each other we turn on the TV and cuddle on the couch. 

It's so nice to feel that he is there, I'm not alone anymore... I've missed him so much.

After a while I drift off to sleep again.

...

I can feel myself being picked up, Toru is carrying me upstairs but I'm too sleepy to open my eyes.

...

I wake up the next morning with no one next to me. I turn over to check the time on my phone. 10.23 am.

Toru's already left for the airport.