Chapter 4 - Regret

Toru's POV:

I woke up the next day, very hungover, from Ryota's snoring at 8 am.

Shortly after that I realzied what I had done last night. I don't even have an excuse.

What am I gonna do now? I just fucked my relationship up.

I threw a pillow on Ryota because I knew I was going to lose my mind if I didn't talk to anyone RIGHT NOW.

He woke up slowly.

"Woah what happened last night?" He asked.

"Well you were pretty drunk and I fucking cheated on my girlfriend." I explained looking at the tall ceiling.

"I definitely can feel that I was wasted last ni... wait what? What did you do? When did I pass out?" Ryota was confused.

"Tomoya and I carried you home and when he left, Lucy came here and we just started kissing... out of nowhere, man, I don't know..." My voice was shaking and I was biting my lip nervously.

Ryota looked at me and he probably saw that I was a nervous wreck, so he tried to calm me down.

"Hey maybe it's not that bad, look if it was just a kiss that meant nothing no one has to know about it, don't worry."He sounded more awake now.

I looked at him.

"Are you seriously suggesting that I don't tell Laura about all of this?" I said.

"I'm not saying that, it's just that if it meant nothing you should probably treat it like nothing so don't make such a big deal out of it. Just relax Toru." Ryota said it like it was nothing.

Well he didn't cheat on his girlfriend so he wouldn't know what this feels like.

"I can't do that, Laura trusts me and I'm an honorable guy, you know that, I can't lie just like that." I admitted.

"I mean it's your choice you have to know what the consequences are, I just wanted to show you all your options." With that he turned on his side and fell asleep again.

Maybe Ryota was right, I mean I have no feelings for Lucy so for me it was nothing.

...

Laura's POV:

It's Friday, so that means Toru is coming back in two days.

I spent the last few days feeling miserably depressed. Most of the time I spent on the couch watching random shows. When I'm not doing that I'm either at work or asleep. But I can't motivate myself to go outside if I don't have to. I mean yeah I have to go outside to go to work on the subway but that's basically it.

Yesterday I met a good friend of mine on the subway, Mary. We used to go to makeup school together, She's from Belgium but she currently works on a Tv show here in Tokyo just like me.

We used to be very close but kind of lost contact since we're both pretty busy.

My face was probably looking pretty sad, so she asked me what was wrong and I just told her everything. I told her that I wasn't happy in my relationship and all that.

I even started crying a little. She hugged me and when we said goodbye she gave me the advice that I couldn't forget since. She said that if I wasn't happy in it I should consider ending it.

That only reassured me in what I already knew deep down: That I needed to end this relationship as soon as possible because it just makes me feel more depressed every day.

I knew I had to break up with Toru, I just didn't know how and when.

I had to do some serious thinking these next few days. 

...