Chapter 19 - At midnight

Toru's POV:

We're at the club tonight, one of Laura's collegues texted me.

I texted her because I want to surprise Laura, I've been so busy lately and Laura only told me she would be out tonight with some people from work.

I packed my guitar as we were finished with practise for today.

"Hey do you guys wanna grab dinner somewhere?" Taka asks us.

"Not me, sorry boys." I tell them.

"Ouhh our Loverboy has an appointment with the Mrs.?" Tomoya goes in to full teasing mode but I ignore him.

"See ya" With that I'm out the door.

...

I am in a hurry to get to the club because I really want to see her, I still make sure to change my clothes though.

I rush so much that I nearly run over a girl infront of the club.

"I'm sorry, are you ok?" I try to apologize to her as she turns around and I realize it's Lucy.

"Oh hey you here?"

"Yeah, I'm here to meet ... uhm some friends." She smiles.

"Okay have a good night, I'll see you tomorrow." I hug her goodbye.

...

After what felt like hours I finally found Suki, Laura's colleague.

"Hey!" I almost have to yell because the music is so loud, she finally turns around.

"Oh hi you're here!" She's seems a little drunk already.

"Yeah, do you know where she is?" I don't wanna waste time.

"Who?" Wow, she is definitely wasted.

"Laura?"

"Oh yeah right, uhm, I don't know where she is but she must be here somewhere." She doesn't seem to care.

"Ok thanks" I'll just look around.

...

After half an hour or so I give up but as I pass by the bathroom I notice a familiar hair color... that's not her, that girl is making out with some guy.

I get closer to them... what the hell...I think that's actually Laura... what?

Suddenly she turnes around and looks at me in surprise.

We stay like that for an awfully long time, when I can't take it anymore I turn around and rush to get out of there as quickly as possible. I'm done... I never thought she'd do that to me.

Anger is building up inside of me as I breathe the cold air outside the club again.

At the next corner I stop and try to calm myself down... what is that shit... why?

"Toru!" Hearing her voice only makes me angrier.

"What do you want? Who is he? How are you going to explain that?" The scent of alcohol is strong as I step closer to her with every word, she backs away.

"I...I'm so-sorry, I don't know what was happening, I'm so sorry...He was just a friend from work ... please...I didn't mean to-"

"I don't wanna hear it, we're done" I cut her off and walk away.

I can her her yelling my name but I don't care anymore.

...

After a few minutes of walking it hits me: That's exactly what I did to her a few months back.

...

Author's note: I finally have time to write again, so I hope you haven't forgotten about this story. Let me know what you think or what you would like in the future maybe. Hope you all have a nice day :)