Chapter 6 - Blur

Toru's POV:

Sunday. I opened the door to our apartment and just let my bags fall. The flight was so tiring and I just wanna sleep.

When I walked into the living room though, I saw a lot of suitcases and Laura was sitting on the couch.

She looked sad.

And then it hit me: I knew that she was going to break up with me. I couldn't think straight.

The next few minutes were a complete blur.

I only remember her saying that she felt like she wasn't living for herself anymore and that she was waiting for me to come home all the time. Something about depression and how she doesn't know how to handle all that.

...

Now I'm sitting in the living room, all her stuff is gone, she's gone. What am I gonna do now?

I haven't even unpacked my stuff and it's Monday already...

I have to go to the studio tomorrow.

I have no idea how I'm gonna move on from this.

...

Laura's POV:

I know it all seems a little rushed but I've been feeling this way for quite a while now. 

At night I lie in bed thinking about all the things that I'm doing wrong. All the things that are bothering me and it all gets too much and I cry myself to sleep.

Some nights ago it occured to me that I needed a change and I needed to do a lot of thinking about Toru and our situation. Because I knew that I couldn't keep going like this. I was unhappy. 

...

After that I knew I had to break up with Toru because I needed distance. I needed to concentrate on making myself happy, learning how to love myself because I've never learned how to do that... I wish schools would teach things like that.

Before he came back, I packed all my stuff.

And when it was over there was only one place I could go... Mary's.

I talked to her about it beforehand and it was okay for her if I would sleep on her couch for a few nights and that's what I did.

The first night I cried myself to sleep because it suddenly sunk in that he would never hold me in his arms again...

We've only been together for maybe 10 months but we've gotten to know each other so much during that time.

I just couldn't tell him about my thoughts and depression and all that shit... Maybe I should have...