Chapter 7 - Walking

One month later:

Toru's POV:

It's been a few weeks since Laura moved out but it feels like forever. Every time I come home it's so quiet, no one's there.

Tomo, Taka, Ryota and I have been traveling to LA, since we had to record some stuff for the new album, but it's mostly finished now, I'm pretty happy about that.

Work has also taken my mind off the breakup, so I didn't think about it too much. I've always found it best to keep yourself busy, so that you can't even think about it.

...

Our label rented two apartments for us, for the time we're in LA, which is amazing since they look pretty expensive but they are so nice and wide and we have a lot of space to practice.

I'm sharing the apartment with Tomoya, cause... why the hell not?! 

Also Ryota is currently over at ours and we are watching some TV show called The Walking Dead. It's pretty good.

Halfway through though, I start looking out of the window and I zone out. I start thinking about all that's been going on in my life.

Lucy knew Laura and I broke up from someone... I don't know who though. She wouldn't tell me.

Anyways, she's been very flirty and touchy-feely. We made out on a few nights when we were drunk recently... but I told her that I don't want anything serious at the moment and she seems to be fine with it... at least I hope she is...

Fuck...

I just realize...

I sat up straight and Ryota and Tomoya both look at me. My eyes are wide open.

"Fuck, I completely forgot..." I start.

"What? Did you forget your wallet or something?" Tomoya asks.

"Hell no, I forgot to tell Laura what happened between Lucy and I in Manchester... and now it's happening in LA also..." I start to think about what she would think of me when she found out... God, I'm not like that!

"Well, I wouldn't tell her now" Ryota says.

"I thought you told her when you came back?" Tomoya asks.

"That was the plan but then she just started talking about how she's not living her own life anymore and the rest is just a blur, I didn't even think about it anymore. How could I forget that?... What will she think when she finds out? You cannot tell her okay? I'm an honourable guy, why am I doing this?!" I start getting angry at myself.

"Hey, calm down, she won't find out unless you tell her, it's all good." Ryota tries to calm me down... It doesn't work.

I just look at him blankly.

After a few moments Tomo and Ryota are more interested in The Walking Dead  again, so I stand up and go outside.

I'm going to go for a walk, I need to think about this.