Chapter 17 - Paper

Laura's POV:

Warmth rushes through me as I slowly open my eyes.

The blanket is draped over half of my naked body when memories from last night start playing in my head again.

I turn around and see Toru who's still asleep... He looks so peaceful and calm.

I think I'm starting to fall in love again... I think I love him... no... I do love him.

That thought scares me... Love means weakness and I don't wanna have a weakness.

Love makes people vulnerable. That's just how it is... and if I fall in love I fall hard and if I give someone my love I give them my all.

I fully fell for Toru... again.

There's not much I can do about it anymore so I just snuggle into him a little more and the scary thoughts quickly leave my mind.

...

Toru's POV:

After practise I asked Laura to come around because we all wanted to hang out at the studio a little and Ryota brought his new girlfriend Michelle so I thought it would be nice if Laura came too.

We are all having a good time, Ryota and I are jamming a little and Taka tries to come up with some new lyrics we could use.

Tomo quietly drums on his chair.

As I look around I realize Laura and Michelle are having a chat, I can't hear what it's about though.

I watch as Laura laughs at something ... Damn I fell deeper for that girl than I wanted to... Shit.

That's when I remember our conversation we had the other morning when I asked her to move in again...

I don't think my feelings are mutual.

If Laura felt the same she would've said yes to moving in ... right?

I get that I fucked up last time and that she needs time to trust me again but I have a feeling that she doesn't feel the same for me anymore.

...

Lucy's POV:

The producer asked me to come around the studio really late today because he needed something done.

After he tells me why I had to come and what I have to do I get the important papers I need to sort out and try to carry them to my desk on the other side of the studio... They are pretty heavy.

All goes well until I hear familiar voices coming from one of the recording rooms... Toru and all the others are there, his stupid girlfriend and some other girl as well.

Suddenly I drop all the papers and they fly through the room, everyone looks at me and I'm kind of embarrassed.

I don't look my best today because I originally planned on staying in tonight.

I hurry as I try to collect all the papers that are lying on the floor.

"Here I'll help you" I look up and realize Toru has just offered me his help... I haven't expected that but slowly nod.

After a while I look up and realize Laura is staring at me... I can feel that she doesn't like this scenario but hey, I wasn't the one who told her precious boyfriend to help me... It was him.

I smile a little because apparently I can still win this fight.

And now I know how I can teach her not to fuck with me.

...