Chapter 3 - Distance

Author's Note: The following chapters contain some conversations between Toru and his bandmates. They would obviously talk to each other in Japanese but I don't speak Japanese, so here you go :)

Toru's POV:

As much as I love my job I really miss home... and of course I miss Laura.

She sounded really strange on the phone earlier but I assume it's because she's tired from work. Actors are not the easiest people to work with, so I understand her.

But she sounded like she had no emotion left in her, she only asked about what I did today and what the time difference was. That's not like her.

Anyway,... there was no way I could really tell her what was going on here, cause she would only be worried and I think she already has enough to deal with at the moment.

Maybe I'll tell her if I get back on sunday... No, I need to tell her... I don't want her to find out from somebody else. Taka would probably tell her straight away. Like he did before... the Idiot.

Speaking of the devil, Taka came into my dressing room.

"You know it's obvious that there's something going on between you and Lucy... and everyone can see it." Taka let himself fall onto the couch.

"Don't be ridiculous, there's nothing going on between me and our manager's assistant." I tried to convince more myself than Taka.

"So you think I can't see the looks you give her and the way she spends the most time talking to you out of you, Ryota, Tomoya and myself? Come on, not even you can be that stupid." Taka said.

I looked at the ground, I didn't know what to say...

 I mean nothing happened between Lucy and me... yet, but if it's that obvious...

Toru, you dick you have a girlfriend at home, I told myself

"Nothing has or will ever happen between me and her, come on Taka I have a girlfriend, do you think I would be that asshole that cheats on his girlfriend?" I said angrily.

"That's what I'm concerned about, I mean it's technically none of my business but you're just a man and as far as I know, you and Laura haven't had the best relationship these past few weeks." Taka explained.

"I know, ... she seems different... but Taka please promise you won't tell Laura anyhing about this" I told him.

He just nodded and left my room.

...

One hour later Taka, Tomo, Ryota and I were standing in front of this huge blinking screen, Tomo hitting his drums like there was no tomorrow, Taka singing his voice out of his tiny body and Ryota and me shredding the bass and guitar. It was great, I love moments like this. It's all worth it then.

...

The next day we finished shooting the music video. It turned out amazing, we were shooting at an abandoned old house. It was a bit creepy at first but our camera guy got some great shots of us.

As soon as we were done with the last shot, Lucy came over to us to tell us that we would all be going to a pub in a few hours to celebrate and have a drink.

Although I was pretty tired I went there with the boys and we all had a great night. We met some of our friends from Crown The Empire.

I had a lot of fun with all of them and at some point we all laughed at Ryota because he got so drunk he fell over in the middle of the pub.

To be honest we all were pretty drunk though and Lucy "accidently" touched my arm a couple times, but after a few drinks I didn't mind that much anymore... I started to enjoy it. I knew I should have said something but I didn't.

After a few hours we decided it was time to go when Ryota passed out.

Tomo and I managed to carry him out of the pub and to our hotel, which is a miracle if you ask me since we are not the strongest guys out there but hey we did it.

I decided to take Ryota to my hotelroom because I had a double sized bed, so it was the easiest to let him sleep there. He fell asleep as soon as we put him on the bed.

Tomo left and a few moments later I heard a knock on my door. I just assumed that he forgot something but when I opened the door I saw Lucy. 

We just looked at each other. Then all of a sudden she stepped in and started to kiss me.

I was so surprised that I just kissed her back. She tasted like cigarettes and beer.

I put my hands on her waist and then she pushed me back against the wall, kissing me harder. She literally slammed her lips into mine.

After a few seconds I heard Ryota snoring and that's when I realzied what I was doing. 

What the fuck was I doing? How could I be such a dick? Dammit how could I let it get this far. I'm not the guy who cheats. Fuck!

I stopped kissing her.

"Eh Th-This is wrong... you should go" I stuttered.

"But I-I thought we had a special connection?." Lucy looked disappointed but I just closed the door in front of her face.

...