Page 10

“I’ll have to think about which friends I should give you the intent to kill.” He answered with closed eyes.

                My heart jolted as I realized he was right. I didn’t want to kill anyone I knew or considered a friend or family. I didn’t even really want to hurt them, though some of them-Kakashi, Kasai, and Shikaku-kind of have it coming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                I averted my eyes from Sasuke and Kakashi’s duel and lied on my back in the grass. The sky was clear as it had been all week. I was living with Kotetsu, spending most of my day with Team Seven, considering Kasai still refuses to speak to me without yelling. She seemed to resent me for leaving, which didn’t make any sense. What choice did I have?

                “Kitto-san?” Sakura and Naruto were leaning over me.

                “You’re really quiet today. Are you feeling okay?” Naruto asked while Sakura blinked down at me, awaiting an answer.

                “It’s nothing I guess. I’m just nervous about who I’ll have to fight and Kasai not speaking to me is irritating.” I told them like they were adults and would fully understand. They were twelve.

                “Hey!” Kakashi snapped suddenly. “Are you two paying attention?” He asked Sakura and Naruto. I sat up to defend them.

                “Sorry Kakashi, it’s my fault.” I said shaking out my hair and resting my arms on my knees.

                “That’s enough for today Sasuke.” Kakashi told him and then was in front of me. I didn’t jump as my two companions did. Nothing really made me jump anymore.

                “You’re nervous about the fights.” He stated. I looked up boredly at him. “You could use some practice and if I recall correctly, it’s been seventeen years since we’ve fought. I’ve only heard rumors of what you can do.” He suggested.

                “Oh, yeah, yeah yeah! I want to see what you can do too Kit-chan!” Naruto announced loudly.

                “Naruto!” Sakura hit him upside the head. “Kitto is an elite ninja! You should treat her with more respect.” She told him, though I could tell she was just as curious as Naruto was as far as what I could do went.

                “It’s alright Sakura. I never was much for formalities.” I said and stood up, brushing the grass off my knee length black pants. I still wore the hood for mysterious purposes. It threw people off and when things got serious I needed a safe place to stick the pins.

                “You want a fight, you’ve got one.” I told Kakashi and Naruto cheered.