Page 2

{Have you heard about Rock Lee's spinoff? No? Well now you have! You're welcome :) }

 “Who just does that?” He snapped loudly at me. I rolled me eyes again and hugged him, kissing his cheek before letting go. When I was little mom taught me that. She said it can mean two things. It can wish someone safety or good luck in something they’re trying to achieve or overcome. These days I do it for everyone. It’s become habit.

                “I kind of want to hug you too.” I told Izumo and hugged him before he could stop me.

                “You haven’t changed at all have you?” He said with a sad sigh.

                “I wouldn’t say that.” I mumbled almost miserably before kissing his cheek and backing up to the open gate. “I’ll see you two later.” I told them, offering one last smile before flipping my hood back up.

                Dad was dead so there was no use in seeing him. Visiting his grave would only make me sad. Where to then? Ah, of course.

                I walked in the direction of the Yamanaka’s flower shop. I walked inside finding only one person. She was a young girl standing behind the counter boredly tapping her fingers and staring into space. I had never met her, but by the looks of her I knew exactly who she was.

                I leaned my wrapped arms on the counter and she looked up, startled by the hood and sly set of my lips. Our outfits were closely similar, only mine was black and I had knee pants instead of a skirt.

                “What can I help you with?” She asked after calming down slightly.

                “I was hoping you could tell me where Kasai or Inoichi Yamanaka happened to be this time of day.” I answered, not bothering to lessen the mysterious façade I had formed. I was getting really good at it.

                “Who wants to know?” She asked, narrowing her eyes and leaning forward towards me. My smile grew.

                “Just like Kasai; I suppose that shouldn’t be a surprise. She rubs off on you.” I pointed out, not bothering to give a real answer to her question.

                “I believe I asked who you were, unless you’re deaf as well as blind.” She said and eyed my apparel.

                I frowned and rested my cheek on my hand. “Has she talked about me? I’m sure she has. We had some interesting adventures as kids.” The girl raised an eyebrow at me as I eased into a smile. “Did she tell you about the time we went with your father to work?” I chuckled at the thought. “Ah, that poor man had a mess of papers to organize. They needed two teams of genin to sort it all out.” By the look on her face my story was familiar and surely under-told.