Page 24

I ran, going around until I was behind where Shiryu was standing. I could see him clearly and I couldn’t let him win. He had caught on to the fact that I wasn’t there anymore.

“Ichi.”

I jumped hooking Chinmoku into his shoulders and throwing him back into the wall. The deep wounds now cutting through the muscles and joints of his shoulders weren’t going to be easy to work around. The dragon disappeared and had no use for the mist.

My shadow clones flanked me as we waited for him to get to his feet.

“You’re good.” He said as he pulled himself up and a thread of what looked like purple chakra started circulating around him. He was smiling. It wasn’t a creepy smile or even a sly one. He was just happy, and something about that made me happy too. It took the stress almost completely away.

The purple chakra turned into a dragon and suddenly the crowed was completely silent. Had it not been impossible for any sound I made to be audible it would have had the same effect on me. This kid was supposed to be dead. At seven days old his dragon flattened a quarter of the village. There was no warning and no time for evacuation. He was supposed to have died too.

The dragon came at me as I dodged it, bringing up earth walls to help me get away. The dragon stopped charging me and opened its mouth. Before I could question myself as to what was going to come out of it needles shot at me. Four of them ripped across my upper right arm.

“Alright,” I looked at my last remaining clone and let Chinmoku dissolve. “You distract the dragon however you can and I’ll tire out the kid. As long as he has sustainable chakra levels that thing isn’t going away.” I explained and flexed my fingers.

“Right boss!” The clone agreed and we nodded to each other before going our separate ways.

“Ni!” Claws like talons formed on my fingers and I charged Shiryu. He lifted a kunai and stopped my attack. I kicked the center of his chest, knocking him into the one tree and causing his breathing to cease. He went lax and my shadow clone got “killed”.

“Great.” I mumbled to myself and turned around. The dragon was coming right at me and considering I still had a fairly high amount of chakra I just went for it.

I made nine hand signs as fast as I could and lighting filled my palm just in time. I ran a few steps, jumped up and slammed my right, clawed, electrified hand into the dragon’s nose. No one moved and a wall of matched chakra built up around us. I gritted my teeth and glared through the blinding light.

This stupid chakra dragon was the only thing standing in the way of my win and there was no way in hell I was going to be beaten by it. My chakra increased and I pushed harder, causing my fingers and hand to bleed, but I wasn’t fazed.