Page 31

“No!” I snapped through gritted teeth. “I’m okay. I’m okay.” I told myself more than them as I breathed through the pain and refused to move.

                “Are you sure?” Sakura asked and I nodded carefully.

                “How long have I been out?” I asked and tested ways to sluggishly move without feeling like I was going to die or couldn’t breathe.

                “A little over two weeks.” Naruto answered and walked back to my bedside. “They didn’t know if you were ever going to wake up. They talked to your brother about when to pull the plug.” Hearing that was shocking, but what was even more shocking was that I wasn’t dead.

                “What happened?” I asked urgently, having to know exactly what had transpired after I fell.

                Naruto and Sakura looked at each other.

                “Well, when you turned that big dragon into needles Kakashi-sensei tried to shield himself with those earth walls like you did, but the needles got through the cracks really easily. The needles ended up breaking the walls and then he was covered in them.” Naruto began.

                “When you fell the needles stopped going in circles and stuck into the walls and ground. Kakashi-sensei caught you before you hit the ground and then you both stopped moving.” Sakura told me.

                “We couldn’t see anything because the lights were out and all the lightning was gone. Everyone thought you were both dead.” Naruto finished and rubbed the back of his head.

                I didn’t say anything, only nodded. I didn’t know what to say about that. I didn’t hate Kakashi and I didn’t want to kill him, but I had been willing to. What I had done was as suicidal and a thirteen story nosedive into pavement.

                “Is he okay?” I asked, not caring about what happened anymore.

                Sakura nodded.

                “They’re still not letting him out of bed, but that isn’t stopping him. He woke up yesterday morning.” She told me.

                “What about Shiryu? And Kasai?” I asked remember then how close I had come to killing them.

                “You cut a few arteries around Shiryu’s heart, but he’s moving around a little now.” Neither of them said anything about Kasai, which worried me.

                “And Kasai?” I repeated more punctually.

                “Well…she’s okay, but they say the cuts on her face will scar.” Sakura told me.