Chapter 1

Leah's POV

Cameron and I have been best friends for about twelve years now. Ever since we were six, we would go everywhere together. We'd always go to the park together and play basketball, and guess who would beat him? Me! That's who! Me and Cameron have that kind of best friend competitiveness. I find it really cute. That's one of the reasons why I started loving him.

I have never thought of Cameron this way until one day when we were both fifteen. We were at school on the track field during gym. Ms. Markus told us that we had a one mile test that day. I gave an "I'm going to beat you." look, and Cameron just smirked at me. As soon as Ms. Markus said go, me and Cameron were off. I was just a tad bit behind him, so on my last lap I decided to sprint like the wind. I ran as fast as I could, so that I was ahead of Cameron by about a few feet. And then I tripped and fell. I screamed in excruciating pain. I think I twisted my ankle. Then I see Cameron running as fast as he could. I thought he was going to finish the mile and run right past me, but I was wrong. He was running to me, to help me.

"Leah! Are you okay?" Cameron asked looking very worried.

"OWWW! No, I'm not okay! It hurts like a bitch!" I was crying and screaming. My ankle hurt so bad.

"Can you walk?" I tried getting up to see if I could and immediately fell down.

"No!"

"Here, let me help you. I'll carry you to the nurse's office."

"Cam, you don't have to-" Cameron interrupted me by hauling me into his arms and carrying me bridal style. I look into Cameron's eyes with tears in my own. I just realized how beautiful his eyes were. Hazel with flecks of caramel. The sun hit his face perfectly to show off his tan and his huge biceps.

"I didn't know you work out." I said in between sobs.

He laughs and says, "Yeah I do. It's a good thing you're light." He smiles as Ms. Markus opens the door for us. Ms. Markus winks as if she was saying "Good luck with that, hun."

Cameron carries me across the whole school while people make way for us in awe. I just rest my head on his toned chest while he asks me how I'm doing once in awhile. I just nod, so I don't ruin this moment we have together. He sets me on the bed of the nurse's office.

"Thanks Cam. Just know that I would have gotten a faster time than you running that mile."

"No problem Leah." He chuckles and flashes a smile with his pearly white teeth. He smiles again before he leaves. And here I am, left with my twisted ankle and the thought of Cameron Dallas of more than just a friend.