Chapter 15

Leah's POV

I woke up the next morning with a huge migraine. I felt as if someone was pounding a hammer against my head. Then I remembered what went down last night. Dominick tried to rape me, but Cam came to the rescue. I had to call him. The phone rang a couple times before he picked up.

"Hello?" Cameron sounded more tired than I was even though he didn't drink.

"Hey. Thanks for taking me home." I said.

"No problem. I heard you scream, so..."

"Yeah. Did anything else happen last night? Did we talk? I honestly don't remember even the times I was still sober."

"Yeah we did. You don't remember? I, I gotta go. B-bye." Cameron stammered over the phone. I felt so bad that I didn't remember. I still kind of feel mad at him, but he did save me from Dominick.

Cameron's POV

When Leah told me she didn't remember that we patched things up last night, I hung up. I needed time to think things through. I didn't know if things would be the same just because I screwed things up with her. I'm hoping there's a place in her heart to forgive me. But there's one thing I didn't tell her about last night. I saw Aria at the party and she looked so hot, but I didn't do anything. She did. She came up to me and we started talking, but all of a sudden she kissed me out of nowhere. The thing that I'm really beating myself up about is that I kissed back, and I didn't stop Aria.

Leah's POV

I remembered my dad, so I looked in his bedroom and the bed was all made. I looked downstairs and it sounded like he wasn't home. Thank goodness. He would probably be able to smell the alcohol. I saw a post it note on the counter and it read, "Leah Lemon, how'd your party go last night? I had to go to work early today, and I'll be home at around 5. Love, Dad." I got myself a cup of water hoping that my headache would go away. So this is what it feels to get a migraine. I called Cole since he was the only friend I had at the moment.

"Hey Cole."

"Hi. I'm sorry about what happened last night. Dominick gets crazy when he drinks. Can I come over?"

"Yeah, I'm still trying to get over it, but sure you can come over."

*10 minutes later*

I came to open the door when Cole pressed the doorbell.

"Hey. Come in." Cole walked inside and walked to the couch.

"I'm sorry. I feel really about last night."

"It's okay, but I don't wanna talk about it right now. Let's just chill. Okay?"

"Okay. Do you want to watch a chick flick?"

"Sure."

After we watched The Notebook, I turned off the TV.

"So I might have not remember most of last night, but I do remember you cuddling with Lily." I teased him.

"Oh that. I think she's into me, but I like someone else." Cole said blushing. I punched his arm.

"Who?"

"You, Leah." I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. My emotions were just really mixed up right now, and I didn't want to break Cameron's heart. I still love Cameron, but now that Cole said it out loud I think I might like Cole too.

"I, I'm sorry Cole. I like you too, but with everything going on with Cameron right now, I don't think I can deal with this. I'll talk about this later. I'm sorry." Cole nodded and left without a single word. I didn't know what to do. I just needed some time to myself. Some time to just be free of boys, hang out with some new friends, and enjoy senior year. That would mean I'd have to break things off with Cameron.,