Chapter 12

Leah's POV

I woke up the next morning, and the only thing on my mind was Cameron. That wasn't a surprise. Yesterday's date was almost perfect. The only thing that was awkward was Cole's appearance. At least he saw that I was clearly on a date with Cameron, so he didn't talk much to me. Speaking of Cole, my phone beeped.

From Cole :)

Hey. Srry I interrupted ur date yesterday. R u doing anything today?

To Cole :)

That's okay! it's not like u were stalking me. Lmao, but no, I don't think I'm doing anything. Maybe hangout with Cameron. We shud all hangout together.

From Cole :)

Sure! How about at the mall around 2?

To Cole :)

Yeah, I'll be free. Hopefully Cameron too. Cya.

Cole was a friend and only a friend. I might as well have him and Cameron be friends. I texted Cameron to come over.

I heard a knock on the door and opened it to see Cameron.

"Hey, Leah."

"Hi Cam." He went inside and took his shoes off.

"So where's your dad?"

"Work. His schedule's been kind of scattered around lately." I said with a shrug. Cameron nods and sits on the couch. I sit on his lap.

"I was thinking we can go to the mall today since we don't really have anything planned."

"Sounds good." I was afraid to mention Cole joining, but I had no choice. I already invited him.

"Okay, I'll go get ready." I went up to my room and got ready. We were only going to the mall so I put on my ripped skinny jeans and an ACDC muscle T shirt. I braided my hair to the side and went back downstairs. I look to see the that Cameron was watching a Lakers game again. I got excited at the thought of basketball and rushed toward the couch. After a few minutes in the game, I wanted to drop the bomb on Cameron.

"So... um... I was thinking you and Cole should hang out." Cameron's face twisted almost as if in disgust.

"Why?" He said.

"I don't know. He's my friend, and I want you to get to know him better. Please, pleaseee. For me?" I begged and hugged him at his waist cuddling next to his chest.

"Okay. Fine. But if I think he's a dick, then I'm leaving. Deal?"

"Deal."

We get to the mall and text Cole to see where he is.

To Cole :)

Hey we're here! Wat store r u at?

From Cole :)

Okay, I'm at Zumiez. (:

And with that, we were on our way to the store. I didn't know what to feel. I felt an emotion of eagerness, happiness, and anxiousness all in one. At least I'm getting it over with.

Me and Cameron walk hand in hand to Zumiez and find Cole looking at some hawaiian themed Vans. I just noticed what great style he had. I tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi Leah. And Cameron." I could tell Cameron was forcing a smile. That's definitely not the genuine smile I came to know and love.

"I was looking at these shoes. I don't know if they look good. What do you think Cameron?"

I looked at Cameron to see his response. His face relaxes a little at the thought of the nice shoes.

"I actually really like it. And you can just call me Cam."

"Maybe I'll get them on my next pay check. And okay, Cam." They both laugh. I was so happy they were already getting along. I had a feeling this would be great.

Cameron's POV

After hanging out with Cole and Leah for two hours, I noticed Cole was a pretty good guy. I mean, he was falling for Leah the first day of school, but we weren't even together that time. And plus, he's hilarious! My thoughts interrupted me with the sound of my stomach growling.

"Are you guys hungry? Do you guys want McDonald's? Or frozen yogurt?" I ask.

"Both!" Leah and Cole say together. We laugh and make our way to the frozen yogurt place.

"I think I have a craving for chocolate and some vanilla and cake batter. Oh and don't forget the toppings! Mangoes, mochi, boba, blackberries, cheesecake bits and gummy bears!!!" Leah says dumping all of that into a big cup. Me and Cole look at each other weird and I think we were thinking the same thing. She's probably on her period. Cole swirls some original tart yogurt in his small cup and puts boba and mangoes on top. I didn't want to get anything on my own so I'll just share it with Leah. I pay for our yogurt and Cole pays for his. We find a seat and sit down.

"This is really good!" Leah says emphasizing the word really. Me and Cole laugh as hard as we can as we see the mix of chocolate and vanilla spread around her mouth.

"What? What are you guys laughing at?" I get a napkin and wipe the yogurt off of her face.

"That's what we were laughing at." I say snickering.

"Yeah. You must really like yogurt." Cole implies.

"I can tell you do to." Leah says pointing to to his already empty yogurt cup. He smiles and nods.

"Actually, I'm kind of full. Do you just want to leave now?" I say. I did't really want to go yet because I wanted to hangout with Cole, but I didn't want to interrupt him of anything.

"Nah. I want to shop around." Leah says.

"Yeah. I have nothing to do today anyways." That was a wave of relief.

"Let's go to Pacsun." Cole says excitedly.

"OMG, girl! That's my fave store!" I say jokingly in a girly voice playfully hitting his arm.

"Totes!" Cole mimicks back. We laugh so hard we almost snort, but we eventually start to calm down once we get to Pacsun. I immediately look at the Obey crew necks. Cole walks over to me and looks at some too. We have similar taste. I turn to look for Leah and ask for her opinion on the crew neck. She was looking at a cream colored dress that was made of loose and flowy material. I hug her from behind and whisper in her ear.

"I like that dress. And thanks for introducing me to Cole. I think I found a new best friend."

She looks into my eyes and I look into hers.

"No problem." I hold her in my arms and ask for her opinion.

"I like it. #swag." She says. I laugh.

Cole ended up getting a different styled Obey sweatshirt, I got the Obey crew neck, and Leah got the pretty dress with some sandals. We walk out of Pacsun and decide then to go home, so Leah can see her dad. I held hands with Leah on our way out. I just started thinking. Had Cole felt like a third wheel? Hopefully, he hadn't. Once we got to the parking lot me and Cole exchanged numbers.

"You have a ride, Cole?" I ask.

"Yeah my car's over there." He said nodding over to the other side of where we parked.

"Alright man. It was nice getting to know you. We should do this again some time." I say giving him a handshake.

"Yeah dude. Just let me know." He says with a smile.

"Bye Cole!" Leah said.

"Bye Leah!"

When we get inside the car, Leah says, "I told you you would like Cole!" I smile and nod.

"Yeah. I like him. He's cool." I say.

"Good."

We get to Leah's house, and I drop her off at her front doorstep and give her a kiss. I quickly say hi to Mr. Connor, and then leave.

A/N: OMG! Guys thank you for voting and for reading! It means so much! I know I haven't updated in a looongg time. I've had school, basketball, and studying for finals so sorry. But thanks for your ongoing support! I love you guys!