Chapter 14

After my argument with Cameron, I was depressed the whole day. I walked around the halls to my classes with a weight around my shoulders. Ever since I was little, I see girls hung around Cam like ornaments on a Christmas tree. I was so tired of it. I couldn't take it anymore. Cam made me believe that he would never love any other girl but me. I walked to the parking lot after school, then realized Cameron was my ride home. I didn't want to look at his face right now, so I decided to take the bus. I gave the bus driver money, and took a seat near the back. I saw Cole enter the bus as well as his face lit up at the sight of me.

"Hi, Leah." He said as he sat next to me.

"Oh. Hey Cole." I guess Cole saw something was bothering me.

"What's wrong? I knew something was up when you didn't laugh when Mr. Eloir picked his nose today." I didn't respond. I felt like it was too hard to talk about especially since him and Cameron have been nearly best friends ever since we hung out together.

"It's nothing. Just a little fight with Cameron."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Well, maybe a party will cheer you up tonight. Cameron invited me to Chris' party. Don't worry you don't have to see Cam if you don't want to. I'll be your bodyguard." I remembered that party Cam told me about, but I wasn't really in the party mood. However, I think a party is just what I needed.

"Alright. Um, pick me up?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll pick you up at 10." The bus stopped on my street and I said goodbye to Cole. I wondered if Cameron even noticed he was my ride home. Until I got a text from him.

From Cam :D

Leah, I'm sorry about what happened this morning. I didn't want to hurt you like that. And besides am I not allowed to have girl friends? Aria is just a friend, and I'm sorry for blowing you off that one day when we were supposed to go bowling. Please Leah I love you.

P.S. I saw you get on the bus for a ride home, I would've asked you if you needed a ride, but it looked like you didn't want to anyway.

I didn't respond to Cameron but I did tell him I was going to the party, so maybe we can sort some things out there. I walked into my house and called out for my dad's name.

"Dad! I'm home!" I didn't expect to hear a response, but I did.

"I'm in the living room!" I went to the living room and put my backpack down next the the couch.

"Hey Dad."

"Hey Leah Lemon." My dad knew me too well to know I wasn't okay. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing just some stuff with school. Since finals are coming up soon, I'm kind of swamped with homework and projects."

"Don't worry, it'll all be over soon." He said kissing my forehead.

"Can I got to a party tonight? It's at 10." At first my dad stared at me, and finally said yes.

"As long as you promise me you'll be home in bed by 2." I nodded agreeing to his terms. I looked at the digital clock above the oven. It was only 5:30, so I decided to watch some Netflix with my dad. Netflix was so awesome. I could spend a whole day just watching Netfilix and cuddling up with... I was thinking Cameron, but a blanket would do too. My dad and I killed off two hours of watching Lilo and Stitch. That was kind of our thing, watching Disney movies. I saw it was already 7:45, so I took a shower quickly and opened my closet with my wet hair. I saw the new dress I bought at Pacsun last weekend and I decided to wear it. I put a big white pajama shirt over it, so I wouldn't get it dirty after I did my hair and makeup. I blowdried my hair and decided to curl it. As I was curling my hair, I accidentally burned my hand.