Chapter 2

After that day, I couldn't stop thinking how it felt to be in his arms. Throughout all of highschool, he's protected me from whores and guys who want to get some. He told me one time that he'd punch any guy any time in the face if they ever hurt me. Cameron always makes me feel safe from anything. But now that we're seniors, we have more free time on our hands. More time to get close. Nobody really does anything senior year except throw crazy parties.

*Sunday Before School Starts*

As I hear a knock on the door, I walk down the stairs secretly hoping it's Cameron.

"Coming!" I yell. When I open the door Cam hugs me and spins me around. I let out a little squeal.

"Cameron, what's with the good mood?" I ask

"Nothing" He shrugs. "I miss you, I haven't seen you in a full 24 hours." I blush and smile at him.

"Well c'mon. Tomorrow, school starts and I don't know what to wear." I say while grabbing his hand. I take him up to my room and open my closet revealing all of my clothes.

"Okay I don't know whether to wear this or this." I hold up a black dress with a big daisy by the chest area. Then I show Cam my burgundy flowy skirt with a crop top that says I Know, I'm Weird.

"It's the first day of senior year. Are you seriously going to wear something cute?" Cameron asks.

"Uh durr. Of course!"

"To be honest, I like you way better with some shirt and sweat pants. Or leggings and a really big sweater. Oh, and no makeup." Cameron suggests.

"What the hell. No. I have to wear makeup. I'm don't feel pretty without it."

"And who says that? You're not wearing any makeup right now and I think your gor.." Cameron trails off.

"What were you saying?"

"Nothing. But if I had to choose, I like the black dress."

"Okay. That's what I was thinking. Thanks, Cam. What are you wearing tomorrow?"

"I don't know. Guys don't plan what they are going to wear. We just put something on."

"Guys have it easy." I say thinking about all the hardships girls have to go through to impress guys. "Now that I'm done deciding what to wear, do you wanna shoot some hoops?"

"Yeah! Let's go!" Cameron says suddenly brightening up with excitement. He runs down the stairs and grabs the basketball by the garage door. He immediately starts practicing his jump shots and ball handling outside my house where there's the basketball hoop I've had since I was nine. I follow Cameron outside. I steal the ball from Cameron and laugh in his face.

"Haha."

"That's not fair. I wasn't looking." He opposes.

"Yeah, well you can't just not pay attention in basketball."

"Oh really?Let's play then. Me against you."

"Fine. It's on" I say competitively.

I fake the shot and dribble right past him and make a lay up.

"Ohhh. You got some moves, Leah." I just smile.

Now Cameron has the ball. He dribbles, hesitates and makes a jump shot. Wait, my mistake. Tries to make a jump shot. I laugh.

"What was that?" I say laughing.

"Fine, let me see you do it."

"Okay. Let me show you how it's done." I dribble, hesitate and also attempt to make a jump shot, but this time it didn't go in.

"See, I told you it's not that easy!" Cameron says shoving it in my face. "This is how you do it." He comes up behind me and places my hands where they should be on the basketball.

"Remember to flick your wrist." He whispers. I nod my head trying to seem like I'm focusing on the basket and not the sound of his low, soothing voice. He guides my hands and follows through the shot.

"Like that." He says. I can almost feel him smiling behind me. I snap myself out of it by shoving him.

"Like that." I mimick him with my tongue sticking out. After that, we decide to go to his house and order some pizza considering it was already 5. His house is right next to mine so it only takes us a few minutes to get inside his house.

"So I'm guessing you wan't vegetable pizza like always."

"You know me too well, Cam." I say

"Why don't we watch a scary movie? Mom and Dad aren't home yet so we can just chill."

"Sure. Why don't we watch The Conjuring?" I suggest. That movie scares the shit out of me, that's why I chose it.

"Alright. Just don't be screaming my ear."

The pizza arrived, interrupting the movie. Cameron pays for the pizza and i run at him.

"Where's the pizza?" I say pretending to be Jennifer Lawrence in that one vine. Cam laughs and opens the box for me to take a slice. We eat the whole box of pizza while watching the movie. Everytime I scream, Cameron lets out a little laugh. Then towards the end, I really started to get scared. Cameron is sitting next to me and is intently watching the screen and looking at me occasionally. I cuddle up next to him and use the blanket on the couch to cover my eyes.

"I can't look." I peek my head out. Then something jumps out.

"Shit!" I squeal. I hug Cameron instinctly until I notice that I'm actually holding him. I make sure not to break hold of his hug, so it's not awkward. I feel this warmth around my shoulders and head. It's Cameron. He puts his arms around my shoulders and rests his head on mine.

"It's okay. I've got you." He says protectively.