Chapter 10

A/N: Thanks guys for 190 reads! If you like my story, plz spread the the word. It would mean the world to me, even though your help is already enough. I love you guys!

Leah's POV

I quietly walked downstairs to open the door for Cam making sure not to wake my dad. I slowly twist the doorknob and already see Cameron standing in front of me. He smiles weakly and stands there for a couple seconds without saying a word.

"Cameron!" I yell whisper. "W-who did this to you? Are you okay?" I say pulling him closer to me and examining his face. "Come inside." I say motioning him in with my hand. Cam slowly walks inside my house and takes of his shoes. He still remains silent. I run to get some ice as he does as I say and goes up to my room. When I open the door to my room, I see him sitting on the edge of the bed with his face down looking at his hands. He turns around with tears in his eyes.

"I come home, and see my mom drunk, so I told her. You know, that she was drunk, but she slaps me instead. I take her up to her room, and she already passes out. I-I...." He trails off.

"Cam, she was drunk." I say sympathetically.

"I know, but she's never laid a finger on me before. I remember when I was five and she used to hold me in her arms and tell me she wouldn't let anyone hurt me. But it turns out she was the one to doing all the damage" His voice cracks in between his words, but I make sure not to laugh since he's really sad about this.

"It's okay, Cam. She didn't mean to. She loves you, and would jump off a bridge without thinking twice if it came to you." I hold up the ice pack to his cheek.

"I know." That's all Cam says.

He takes the ice for himself and lays down on my bed stretching his legs. He is about 5'9, so his feet almost hang off my bed.

"It's okay, Cameron. I love you." I say resting my head on his chest and hugging his waist.

"I love you too." Cam says back. And we drift off to sleep in each other's arms.

I wake up the next morning with water all over my cheek. It must've been the melted ice pack Cameron was using. Cameron! He wasn't by my side, but I see a note on top of my nightstand.

"I'm still on for the Lakers game. (: I'll probably come over and hangout a little bit before we go. I had to leave before your dad woke up. Love you. XOXO Cam." I smile at the sight of this. Through all he was put through last night, he still wanted to spend time with me.

Cameron's POV

I leave a note for Leah saying that I still want to go to the game later. I didn't want to come home to my mom and face her, but I didn't want Mr. Connor to be angry. So I leave quietly through the front door. As I walk inside my own home, I feel very nervous. My dad's been on a business trip, so I'm glad he wasn't here to see this. When I told Leah the story, it reminded me of the past. It wasn't the first time Mom drank, she has been ever since I was little when my dad's on his business trips. I always used to hide in my closet in my bedroom because I would get scared of her. She never slapped me when she was drunk until last night. That's why I just exploded yesterday. She's the exact opposite when she's sober though. She's so warm and kind hearted. She stopped drinking for awhile, maybe for about 4 years, and it really surprised to see her tipsy last night. But I walked up the stairs and opened her bedroom door, bracing myself. She was sitting on the edge of her king sized bed with her head down. She looked hopefully at me.

"Cameron! I-I-I'm sorry for what happened last night. I didn't mean to." She cupped her hands around my face. I just looked at her for a second and pulled her into a hug.