Chapter 8

Leah's POV

*Friday*

Me and Cameron have gotten even closer ever since the teary conversation about him asking me out. I'm still a little bit shocked, but nothing will make me change my mind about how I feel about Cameron. This time, instead of riding the bus to school, Cam took Gina's (Mrs. Dallas) car since she was staying home sick. I was finishing up curling my hair when I heard a knock on the door.

"Leah! I'm driving you to school today." I rush downstairs to open the door. I twist the doorknob and Cameron does his specialty hug. He lifts me up slightly, feeling weightless and puts me down gently and kisses me. I love it when he does that.

"Hold on. I have to finish up my hair and then we'll go." I say letting go of his hand.

"Okay. I'll just chill down here." He says. I finish up my hair and grab the Eiffel Tower project me and Cole have been working on. The thing I like about Cole is that he respects me having a boyfriend. He obviously flirts once in a while, but he doesn't make me feel uncomfortable. But, I head downstairs looking for Cameron and my dad. I go to the kitchen and my dad is reading the newspaper.

"Good morning Dad." I say and kiss him on the cheek. Dad puts down the newspaper and smiles at me. The smile before Mom died.

"Good morning, Leah Lemon." That was the first time I heard him say that in a long time. That was my nickname my Dad made up since I was little. He tried feeding me lemons when I was little and I made this really cute face, so ever since he'd been calling me Leah Lemon. He stopped when you know, the passing.

"I need to talk to you after school." He says in a low voice, but smiles at me so I know it's not about something bad.

"Okay daddy." I see Cameron smiling giving me that look saying "I told you he'd come around."

"Oh, and Cameron I'd like to talk to you too after school, if that's okay with you." My dad says.

"Sure thing, Mr. Connor." After that I took my backpack and all of my things and left. I don't want to question why my dad is acting like this because I want him to stay the way he's acting. I hop into Gina's car with Cameron in the driver's seat.

"Your dad seem like he's in a good mood today. It's a sign! This day will be awesome!" Cam says with a wide grin on his face.

"Yeah, it will!" I say actually believing what Cam says.