Chapter 6

Cameron's POV

I decided to tell her. I think it was time. I've felt so strongly about Leah for so long now, so I want to ask her to be mine. Just thinking of Cole taking her away from me is a nightmare, so I have to make sure I do it before he does. I was about to ask her until the bus pulls up and interrupts everything. I swear I could've seen the bus driver grin evilly a little bit, but whatever. I pull Leah into bus and keep on holding her hand.

"Let's wait till we get off the bus, so it's more private." I say.

"O-Okay." She stutters. I think she was nervous. I notice she always is once I stare into her beautiful eyes. After about 5 minutes in the noisy crammed bus, we finally arrive not on Peyton Avenue, but on Grand Avenue near Chris's house. By Chris's house, there is a sparkling blue bond with beds of daisies spreading around it. Daisies were Leah's favorite flower. She was wearing it on her dress after all. So we get off the bus and pull Leah along with me. We walk towards the pond when she starts to ask.

"Why are we here Cam?" She said softly laughing.

"So as I was trying to say earlier, I think you're a princess. A princess should be treated fairly, so it's my honor to ask you. Will you be my princess?"

Leah's POV

We stop on Grand Avenue and walk towards the blue pond with tons of daisies scattered around it. What was he planning to do? He's been my best friend since we were six. What would happen if he'd ask me out and then we'd break up. I don't wanna break the friendship we've had for twelve years. But I've been waiting for this for so long. I ask Cam why we're here and he sits criss cross still holding my hand. He hasn't let go ever since we got on the bus. I sat on the grass looking into his eyes too.

"So as I was trying to say earlier, I think you're a princess. A princess should be treated fairly, so it's my honor to ask you. Will you be my princess?" He asks. At first, I don't understand but then I finally do.

"Yeah Cameron. I will be your girlfriend." I say with tears in my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" He says laughing pulling me into a hug.

"Because, cuz I've liked you for such a long time. Ever since you carried me to the nurse's office. That's when I started realizing I love you." That was all I managed to say while crying.

"You don't understand. I've like for so long too. Maybe even before sophomore year." He said with a smile. He jumps out and shouts. "Leah Connor is finally my girlfriend!" I laugh so hard I snort. I covered my mouth making sure Cameron didn't hear that. He turned around and laughed.

"That's the signature Leah laugh I've been dying to hear." He laughed so loud that he snorted too. He pulls me up and hugs me so that my feet lift off the ground and I feel weightless. He puts me down carefully and rubs my cheek ever so slightly. Once again, electricity shocks through my whole body that I twitch a little bit. I can feel Cameron's breath on my mouth and I noticed he was smiling. He softly brushed his lips against mine and finally our lips collided. The kiss was first closed, but it slowly began to form into something more. He slightly moved his tongue in to mine and he pressed my body against his. Then we stopped for a second and we rested pressing on each others forehead. We smile at the same time and we start kissing again. He lays me down on the grass with my brown hair scattered all over the cushioned ground. He just hovers over me and says "I've been dying to this since forever." Then he kisses me only softly this time. "Now, you're mine. Forever and always, Leah." I smiled and started kissing him again.

It was already about 5, so I thought we should leave. I slowly move my lips from his and sit up.

"What's wrong?" Asks Cameron.

"Nothing. It's already 5. A girls gotta eat." He laughs with that gorgeous smile.

"Alright. We can go order pizza again and watch another movie like we did yesterday."

"M'kay. But I want a comedy this time. The Conjuring scared the shit out of me."

Me and Cameron walk towards our house from Grand Avenue. It takes about 5 minutes, but the whole time, we walk hand in hand. We stop in front of his house and he makes me turn around to face him. He kissed me one more time.

"I just needed to do that one more time."

"Your lying because I know this won't be the last." I say. And he just laughs and shrugs.

We walk into his house and Mrs. Dallas orders pizza for us. I text my dad I'm at Cameron's and he just says "Ok. Have fun. See you later." I put down my phone and shake my head in disappointment.

"What's wrong?" Cameron's face is only inches from mine.

"I don't know. My dad's been acting really weird lately ever since my mom died. It's like he doesn't care about anything I do anymore. Don't get me wrong. I want to be here with you but it's like.... He doesn't care." Cam strokes my face creating goosebumps on my arms.

"He loves you. He really does. He's just going through a hard time. You just got ever it faster since you were able to take you mind off of it by spending time with me." He smiles which makes me smile.

"Pizza's here!" Mrs. Dallas says and sets the pizza down on the table.

I jump off the couch and grab the pizza. Mrs Dallas laughs.

"Girls gotta have that pizza. Right, Mrs Dallas?"

She muffles a "Yes." while stuffing pizza in her mouth. Me and her laugh together, but Cameron laughs at both of us like we're crazy.

"And this is why I love both of you ladies." He says hugging me and his mom.

"Yeah, I've already told my mom I liked you and was planning to ask you to be my girlfriend soon."

"He wouldn't stop talking about you, Leah." Mrs. Dallas says. I hug Cameron and give him a peck on the cheek.

"I never stopped thinking about Cameron either." I say.