chapter 2: soul

You walked forward, but felt sans put his hand on your arm.

"How about I introduce you to my bro papyrus." He said while walking in front of you.

You trailed behind him slowly.

"BROTHER WHO IS BEHIND YOU?" the taller skeleton papyrus said loudly.

"This is (Y/N)." Hegrabbed your hand and pulled you forward.

You felt your face grow red.

"IS- IS THAT A HUMAN?!" The taller skeleton said almost screaming.

"Yup."

You felt your Body tense up.

Sans noticed your sudden change in posture.

"Paps, the kid's bout to freeze, so that means no fighting yet. Can we just go to the house and warm them up?" He said while looking down at you again.

Papyrus nodded and waved at you. Kinda like a child would. Like she would do.
---------

You sipped your hot chocolate and pulled your blanket up further. It was surprisingly warm in here.

"Ya hungry kid?"
You looked at sans and shook your head no.

"Ok, just checking." he smiled kindly at you. Your face grew red, hopefully he just thought it was frostbite.

What was this feeling. Why did you feel different around him?

You sat your now empty cup down and wrapped yourself back up like a burrito.

You sat there awkwardly waiting on nothing.
You never expected anything to come to you, your always alone... always.

Sans and papyrus seemed 'cool' but you never intended to stay here for more than a day or so.

They had already done enough for you, despite you being here in their house for an hour.

You couldn't do anything. It was like home. Like the streets you had walked for years.

You missed Bonnie, but she left when you were 14, she was only 8. That was six years ago.

You were 19 now, old enough to just forget. Hopefully.
You wished your mom and dad didn't leave you. They had died a while ago. It was only you and Bonnie, but now... it was only you.

You felt tears building up in your eyes, but didn't let them escape. Show no fear, no hurt. You always say that now, after she left it was the only other thing you could say.

"Paps and I are going out on our jobs, make yourself at home." You forgot he was in the room still. You nodded and smiled weakly.

"Good luck."

And with that you were left here alone.

You sighed and looked up the stairs. Two or more rooms were up there.

You let your blanket fall down on your legs.
there was a pretty decent size tv.
You decided to cue it on and flip
through the channels.

All included
Cooking with a killer robot
MTT news
Mettaton show
MTT glitter fest...

You sighed And went to the 'news'.
There was a robot... wearing pink. They almost looked human, despite clearly being a robot.

"Welcome to MTT news! Today we will talk about new things found~"
First off, Dr. Alphys has just found a Human!"

You turned the TV off by then. They were talking about You.

You Just wished you could die. You looked at your wrists and saw your scars, and recently made cuts.

You rubbed them and pulled down your sleeve and hid them once more.
-----------

You shot up, forgetting that you had fallen asleep on the couch. Only am hour had passed, you were still alone

You sighed and stood up.
You wandered around the still unfamiliar house.

Your thoughts of her voice played. You knee why she ran, why she left.
///////////////////

The door to the house opened. You turned your head to see sans.
He causally walked in, whilst papyrus flung his legs in the door and then followed by his body.

"Welcome back." You said while grinning at Papyrus's child Like behavior.

You didn't know who these people- well... they were yet. So small talk would be nearly impossible.

"Anything happen today?"
"Undyne wants to kill you that's all."

You looked at sans in a 'WTF' Way.

"Who's that?"
"A fish with a ego, strength, and a tendency to hate humans."

You sighed in an aggravated way.
"Why me, why did u gave to live" you mumbled in a hardly audible tone.

"Cuz ya did. You jumped. And now your here. Welcome." Sans looked at you.

He herd you.

"I know. I-i just. W-wanted to... forget." Your eyes started to burn. You were trying not to cry.

Sans walked over to the couch and sat down.
"Wanna talk bout it?"
"...Sure."

You sighed and rubbed your eyes.

"When I was younger my parents died, I had to choose to either go to a separate orphanage and be away from my sister, or run away with her. So we both ran. I no longer had a house or proper equipment to care for her, so we just had to go with what we could. One day I woke up and she was gone. I searched for her for hours. I never found her. I've grown to accept that she probably passed away." You finished off and put your head in your hands

"I just wish I could have done more." You cried softly and yet painfully. It hurt to think that it was just you.

You felt a pair if bony arms wrap around You.

"It's ok kiddo, your fine."

You felt safer here.
But you wouldn't stay
You'd die sooner or later.
And you knew it
No one lives when they fall
Why would you be any different?