Chapter 28: Done and over

You stared off, how you wanted to scream at Chara for being so ignorant, she had lost once from what you could remember, though places were foggy through your mind. She had lost once before, because sans had killed her, so why she thought trying again would change the outcome, you didn't know. As you stared, you began to walk back twords the house, and as you did, you thought
-what if she could win this time-
You would fail everyone, but you didn't know how to kill Chara, and it's not like you wanted her dead to begin with.

You inhaled a breath, drifting your thoughts away from the ideas. You knew that if you wanted to attempt to succeed in getting rid of Chara, you'd need to have no weaknesses, no faults, nothing that would make you stop. So, as you made it to the house and grabbed the handle, you pushed the door open. Frisk was the first to see you, but you didn't look twords them. You went to the kitchen, seeing both sans and papyrus In there, sans sat on a small stool, and papyrus fiddled around with spaghetti seasonings.

You looked to sans, and his attention changed to you, "oh, hey (Y/N)." Sans was calm, he seemed genuinely happy to see you. You dulled your eyes, showing that you didn't want to be seen as the happy person anymore. "I'm sorry, sans. I can't do this anymore. I'll fail what needs to be done. I can't risk that possibility." You took in a short, cut off breath, "goodbye for now."

Sans Instantly stood up and rushed over to you, Hoping that it was some elaborate joke you'd made up, but as he attempted to grab your hand, you pulled it away and took a few steps back. The realization in his eyes was enough to kill someone, he seemed so hurt, so broken at that moment. You closed your eyes and within a blink of an eye, you had left. You ran twords waterfall, knowing that at least there there was more room to hide and you wouldn't risk hypothermia. You ran for what felt like hours, though in reality it was only a few minutes. As you came to a stop, you looked around, there was a small opening between two boulders, there was a large cave opening behind it, and the blue hue that came from it made it seem safer than nothing.

You squeezed through the small gap and once you could clearly see everything, you noticed how large this place had actually been, it had a small stream and flowers sprouted from different places. Calm was one way to describe it. You walked twords the small stream and stared to it, it ran behind the rock wall, where it went after that, you didn't know.

You sighed and turned around, finding a place to sit and pulling your legs close to your chest. You sighed, thinking of a way to get rid of the thing in your head.
As the gears in your head moved, a voice broke the silence that had surrounded you.
"Nice to see you to (Y/N)." The quiet returned quickly after her words had left her mouth. You did not say anything.
"Just gonna sit there and let me kill you?" You looked up almost immediately after the words hit you. She stood there, not complete, she had no body, but her figure was there clearly. She smiled when she saw your suprise of her new found "body"

"Well now that I have your attention I guess I should go ahead and do just that." You shook off the suprise and accepted the fact that she now had a form, instead of running, you stood there. She tilted her head slightly and smiled even wider, a knife formed in her hand and she rushed twords you.
You side-stepped her attack and what suprised you is the fact that you could actually touch her. You pinned her to the floor from behind and though she still held the knife, you didn't consider it to be a threat.

"Not today, Chara."

With a quick movement of your hand you had grabbed her knife and stabbed it through her back. She screamed in pain, but you were not finished with your plan.  You yanked the knife from her back and stabbed her at least three more times until she had stopped screaming all together. You stood up slowly, Making sure that she wouldn't leap up or anything of the sort, but she had not done that. You tossed the knife to the ground and took in a breath. You noticed that instead of blood, she poured a black substance instead. You went to her -figure- and made an attempt to see if she had a soul. She did. It was empty and though hollow, it had a red outline. You stared to the soul for a moment, and as you took in a breath, as you exhaled, you crushed the soul into nothingness. Chara's body slowly faded away once you did, which suprised you. But you knew you had not yet finished your job in the underground.
You grabbed the knife once more and made your way out of the small cavern you'd gotten in to.
Save the monsters, that's why you fell it seemed. In the past you'd done the same apparently, but you has always reset. -not this time though, you'd do what was needed Finally, weither you lived or died in the end.

Chara was not dead, you knew that much, you only destroyed what little form she had managed to gain from your soul, but she would only be gone for so long, so your window was closing.

It was now or never. Failing was not an option.