chapter 26: unknown.

You woke up finally, though this place you were in was not where you were before, you were in a building, not outside on this streets. your body ached and you felt so drowsy, it was unreal. But as you looked around, you noticed a door open and a small yellow monster walk through. They froze when they saw you, then ran over so quickly that it scared you.

"O-oh my g-god, (Y/N), you're a-awake!" They grabbed your hand, but you immediately pulled away. "How do you know my name?" Your eyes narrowed and you watched them carefully.
"W-what do you m-mean?" They looked at their clipboard for a moment, and tapped their 'claw' on it repeiditly. "C-could you have amnesia..?" They were mumbling for a while before sighing. "W-well at least you're up M-maybe you can tell me what you remember later." They looked at you and turned around slowly, scribbling down a few notes.on their clipboard, then walked out once more in a quick pace. You didn't know what to do, so out of confusion and fear, you ripped the few IV cords out of your arm and then you sprinted out the door to the opposite of the one she left from.

As you ran, you found yourself exiting the lab, and and after a while you had entered a new building, you found yourself nearing a few cells. All were open except one, you stood still, hearing shuffling from said cell. "Ya Finally gonna let me out undyne or are ta gonna keep me I'm here until I dust?" They chuckled. Their voice was deep, and rung a bell, but you couldn't place your finger on where you had heard it.
You took in a breath and walked close enough to where you could see inside of it there was a skeleton, he sat against a wall, staring at the other side, as if expecting nothing to happen.
"H-hello?" You asked quietly to them, they immediately tensed up and looked to you. Without a second to even process anything, they had run up to you and stared as if they hadn't seen you in years.

"Oh my god, you're okay." They let our a shaky laugh, as if they were about to cry, but they did not. They looked down for a moment, "Jesus Christ (Y/N) the next time you die, I swear I'll kill you." They chuckled lightly, and looked like they were about to say something, but you cut them off, "how do you know my name? Why does everyone know my name!?" You took a step back, and they just stayed still. "(Y/N) it's me, sans, don't you remember?"

You shook your head side to side, "I don't know who you are to the slightest." Those words you said seemed to crush them. He backed away for a moment, "no no no, it's just amnesia, that's all it is, just amn--" he was cut off by a sudden sound of metal armor clattering, he instantly looked around and told you to hide, and you did, you didnt want to see anyone else, and he seemed honestly worried for you.

As the footsteps got closer, they stopped in front of the skeleton, sans's cell. "Are you finally going to tell us why you killed the human, sans?" Sans grumbled, "I told you already, it wasn't (Y/N) at that moment." The person I'm the suit sighed, shaking their head. "Sans, papyrus misses you, he doesn't even come to training anymore, just be honest and tell us the truth, maybe we can work it out." The person lifted the helmet off of their head and threw it to the ground. "I want to believe that story, but if it wasn't (Y/N) then how come she was the one hit?"

Sans looked down and sighed, "it wasn't her, it was... A different person not (Y/N)." Undyne just stayed quiet for a moment. "I'll... Go see if alphys found anything on the security cameras yet." She turned around and left without another word. After you could no longer hear her footsteps, you leaped from the cell. Sans chucked, "so, do you happen to know how to pick a lock?" You thought for a moment, "I used to be able to, but I don't really remember how to anymore." You looked down and looked to the helmet the person had left, it was metal, and it had a few small edges. You chucked and then started attempting to pull a few pieces off, but It didn't work.

"Oh, hey, wait, undyne always leaves those keys at the first cell door hanging up, you should go get them." He had a grin on his face, "oh sure, now you tell me this?" You grumbled and turned to go get the keys, and as you did, an alarm went off. All of the cell that were open instantly closed and locked. You scrambled to where sans had been and opened his cell, he instantly rushed out and grabbed your hand, without any warning, you appeared in snow. Confused, you stood up and looked around. "How did we get here?" He sat up himself and simply responded, "teleported."

You looked at him for a moment, "wait-wait-wait- you could have teleported out the whole time?"
He stood up, "nope, blocks any magic in the cells, the halls are different." Sans tilted his head to the side, "c'mon, papyrus will be Happy to see you, follow me, it's not too far." You shrugged and started walking when he did.
After a bit of time had passed, you ended up at a two story house, it had Christmas light on the front for some odd reason, but you didn't care, getting out of the cold was what you wanted.

"Hey, papyrus, I'm home."
The sound of a pot hitting the floor flooded through the house
"OH MY GOD, SANS YOU'RE BACK!" Another skeleton, who was giant compared to you, rushed twords sans and hugged him. He hugged him for a good minute, before you somehow caught his attention.
"HUMAN (Y/N)? YOU'RE BACK AS WELL? THIS IS GREAT! YOU CAN TELL UNDYNE THAT SANS IS INNOCENT!"

You chuckled lightly, "I'm assuming you're papyrus, but can I finally ask what actually happened?" Sans glanced at you, "uh, hey pap, how about you for make some spaghetti, and I'll tell the kid okay?" Papyrus jumped up and nodded, then retreated into what you guessed was the kitchen. Sans tapped your shoulder and pointed to the couch. You slowly walked over, and as you sat, sans did as well.

"So, where to begin?"
////////////////////////////