chapter 5: Explaning.

You looked at him, confused.

"Last timeline, you made it up to the surface. And then once you reset, it wasn't only the timeline you managed to reset." He looked at you. "That also happened to be the timeline where we 'dated' I guess you could say. And when you reset, it must have changed you also." He finished of with a sigh.

You herd rustling from paps room, did you wake him up? Sans looked at you. "You can go back to sleep, I can explain more later. I gotta go to work though so for now, just rest." He walked out if the room and left you there.

You pulled the 'blanket' back over you and closes your eyes. You fell into a dreamless sleep.
_____________________

Your eyes slowly opened.
They almost wanted to stay shut. You yawned and looked around. There was a light shining through the closed blinds.

It landed on the floor at an angle. Slowly you dragged your body out of the bed and to the door. You reached for the knob, but you couldn't reach it from the floor.

Slowly you stood up and walked out. You didn't wanna walk down the stairs.

So you got on your stomach and Slid down them like a kid. Finally reaching the end, and standing up.

You could guess that it wasn't too late In the day, considering that sans and Papyrus weren't home.

With a sigh you sat on the couch.
You'd like to have a buddy to talk to, but you didn't wanna risk going outside to try to find one

You still hadn't been able to take in that you and sans were once... More than friends.

But if you don't remember it....Did it really happen? Were you really 'together?'

' just stop ' you thought to yourself. Not wanting to get a headache from thinking

You thought about turning the TV on...But... You didn't want a news report about you

So instead you sat there.
Looking around.
Granted it was a nice house, but it felt empty when you were alone.
/////////////////

The door opened slowly.
You looked over and saw sans.
You perked up

"Sup kid." He walked over to you and sat.

"Wanna explain more?" You asked while looking at him.

He nodded and sighed
"Humans possess a power within the SOUL. Some have more than others. You in this case, have determination. And a great amount of it. Determination is an emotion throughout the soul. And with determination, you can bend time.
So that means you could die, and metaphorically respawn as if nothing had happened.
No one should have been able to remember, but I guess I'm the one of maybe two who can outstand the odds.
Your soul's power is strong, but if used to a certain amount. It could... Well... Make the person who possesses the souls memory go back to zero. Pretty much resetting to a point to where they hadn't even fallen. In your case, it uh, probably did more than that.
But a reset is strong, but not strong enough to make memories from determation disappear, and that's what confused me the most when I found you at the beginning."
He stopped talking and sighed.

You were still kinda lost, but at least you understood more than you did previously.

"So what I gathered from your explanation is... I can control everything to do with the past? Or future....But still, how? It's strange... When I fell, I was determined to die-" you stopped

You were determined...
Maybe it wasn't in a good way, but it was something.

Sans smiled slightly.
"I think ya got it kid.

Your gonna go far.
I know it."