Chapter Ten

Zack's POV

I'm happy because of what I did yesterday.

But tomorrow is prom. Summer right now wants to ask Freddy, and I over heard Freddy tell Lawrence he was going to ask Tomika out after lunch.

Summer really seems desperate for Freddy to be her date. I need to make Summer happy. I don't like seeing her upset. I need to *cringe* ask Tomika out! Not saying she's gross. I just don't like her like her.

~~~LunchTime~~~

I walked to a table next to Tomika. Summer was still getting stuff in her locker. "Hey Tommy." I said as I set my tray down. "Hey Z." She said eating her lunch. "So... Um... *gulp* DoYouWannaGoOutWithMeForProm?!" I ask and gasped for air.

Tomika dropped her fork and looked at me surprised. "YES!!!!" She shouted, everyone looked at us. She jumped on me and hugged me. I saw from the corner of my eye Freddy glaring. This is for Summer. Deal with it.

Freddy's POV

I got up from my seat. "Where are you going?" Lawrence asked. "Gonna clear my head." I said as I walked to the lockers. Once I arrived I punched my locker. Zack! That girlfriend stealing best friend! But Tomika isn't really my girlfriend though.

I open my locker and start getting my drumsticks. Ugh!!!

I don't hate Zack. I'm just mad at him right now. How dare he steal her from me!!!

I shut my locker and turned around. I jumped, screamed and dropped my drumsticks when I saw a super smiley girl. I realized it was Summer and picked up my drumsticks.

"Hey Summer." I said as I got up. "Hello." She said creepily. If I can't go with Tomika, maybe I can go with Summer. "Wanna be my prom date?" I asked. "YES!!!" She jumped and hugged me. Sheesh. I just asked her. But she is pretty cute. But Tomika is still cuter.

Zack's POV

Tomika let's go of me and I give her an awkward smile. I get out of my seat and walk to a place where I hear a shout. I go to the lockers and see Summer hugging Freddy. Wow. She is super happy. Good for her.

Bad for me. Why can't School of Rock have a gig!?!?

~~~PROM~~~

I walk in with Tomika. Me wearing a black tux and Tomika wearing a blue dress and black jacket. Just then Summer and Freddy walk in. Freddy wearing a tux like mine and Summer wearing a blue dress like Tomika's. Wow.

Tomika pulls me and we walk to a table for six to see Lawrence and Esme sitting and chatting. Me and Tomika sit next to each other and Tomika and Esme start talking. Summer and Freddy then come up and sit next to us.

Is it a coincidence that Lawrence is wearing a black tux like me and Freddy and Esme is wearing a blue dress like Tomika and Summer?

"Ok guys! DJ Clark in the house am a be playing a slow song for all you lovers out there!" Clark announced and a slow song started playing. Everyone got up and started dancing.

Freddy and Summer get up and start dancing, Lawrence and Esme did the same. "Wanna dance?" Tomika asked. "Sure." I said and we got up and started dancing.

Tomika rested her head on my shoulder and we continued dancing. I turned my head to look at Summer and Freddy. They were three couples away from us.

I won't lie to you
I know he's just not right for you
And you can tell me if I'm off
But I see it in you're face
When you say that he's the one that you want
And you're spending all you're time
In this wrong situation
And anytime you want it to stop