Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Title : Squads meet Squads

Summer's POV

"YOLO!!!" Zack jumped into the pool Lawrence and Esme ran and jumped at the same time. Mr. Finn ran but the slid, but he hot up again and jumped in. I giggled.

It's Saturday, I'm celebrating my birthday today. Luckily, this is also the day Freddy will be out of the hospital, YAY!

"Summer!" I looked around to see Freddy and Tomika walking with each other. I quickly got up and ran to them. "So glad you guys made it!" I hugged them.

"I would never miss your birthday Sum!" Tomika smiled. I love her so much right now!

Seriously. Everything has changed. I feel no more hate towards Tomika, and I purely love her like a sister right now.

I let go of them and they walked over to the pool. I smiled.

"New Jersey!" Four voices shouted. I turned around to see the four people that I haven't seen in like three years...

"Leo! Duke! Connor! Angie!" I screamed and hugged them.

This is my New Jersey squad by the way. Also, in an unrelated topic. Yes, me and Zack are dating. We're happy.

I let go of everyone except Leo who I was still hugging. "Hey love." He said and smiled. "Babe." I teased.

"Sum, who this be?" Zack said as he put his arm around me. I let go of Leo. "Zack, this is my friend Leo." I said and Leo stuck out his hand. "Sup."

"Zack." Zack said and shook Leo's hand.

"Well, Sum, HBD." Leo said and walked over to the pool. I smiled. Then Zack turned me to face him.

"Why did he call you love, why did you call him babe?" Zack asked with a glare. I shrugged.

No, I am not cheating on Zack with Leo.

"We're best friends Zack, we call each other love and babe as a joke. We used to fool people that we were dating." I smiled remembering.

"Leonard! Is this your girlfriend." Said mrs. Puerto as she pinched my cheeks.

"Yes, she is." "I am." We both said. "Oh! How sweet of you two! Just eleven year olds and already in a relationship!" She squealed.

Me and Leo tried to keep our laughters from bursting but we failed.

Mrs. Puerto was so confused.

"Mami, mami, mami, we just fooled you!" We continued our hysterics and she was still confused.

"Best friends?" He glared again. "Or more?" "Zack!!! We're just best friends! Now go become friends with my New Jersey squad!" I demanded.

"Anything for you blondie." He stopped glaring and smirked. I rolled my eyes. He ran over to the pool where everyone was.

Tomika's POV

"Seriously how old was Summer?" I asked giggling. "Eleven." Angie said and we couldn't hold our laughter.

"She did it to every single one of us." Angie wiped a tear. It's amazing how I never knew Summer loved pranks.

"Hey Tomika." Zack and Freddy said as they sat beside me. "Who that?" They asked pointing to Angie. "Guys this is Angie. Summer's friend." I said and introduced her. They shook hands.

"So who're the other friends?" Zack asked looking around.

"Oh, well, that's Duke." Angie said and pointed at a big, fat boy. "That's Connor." She pointed at a small boy. "And that's-" "Leo Puerto." Zack finished her sentence.

He was glaring at a tall, tan boy. That was Summer's best friend, who she pulled pranks with back in New Jersey. "Exactly." Angie said. "And you guys are?"

"This is Freddy my boyfriend." I introduced Freddy. "And this is Zack-" "Summer's boyfriend." Zack glared at Leo who was on the other side of the pool.

"Exactly." I said. "Come on Ang, let's hang." I said. She took my hand and we went away from the boys.

At that Summer was walking to Leo.

Freddy's POV

"Who are you glaring at?" I asked Zack kind of clueless. I looked to where he was glaring and saw Summer with Leo.

I smirked. "G-ya-lost?" I asked. "I don't think they're just best friends." He slouched. "What if they're more?"

I stared at him. "Zack, when Summer loves someone, she loves someone. She stays loyal to them and respects them." I said knowing Summer.

"Yeah, well if she loves someone, why did she stab you with a pink boxcutter?" He snapped and glared at me.

I moved my hand to my rib, exactly where my stitch was. I froze.

"Sorry I brought that up." I heard Zack mumble. I looked at him and half-smiled. "It's cool." I said.

"I just- I finally got Summer, the girl I love and now she's with another guy." He said uneasily. "I don't trust her around him, or him around her."

"Zack, if you really love her you would always trust her." I smiled. "When I found out you and Tomika were dating, I was happy for her, because she was happy with you."

"It's not like that Freddy. It's like when you finally have a girlfriend but she's with another guy. You know what. Never mind. You wouldn't understand." Zack sighed.

"No, I do." I said and looked at Kale. "When me and Kale were dating, she would hang with Asher sometimes." Zack looked at me. "Really?" "Yup."

"So you do understand." He said. "You're right. I should give Leo chance. Maybe they really are just best friends." He assured himself. I smiled.

I left Zack and started looking for Tomika.