Chapter 20 // Break Ups

This morning I had a double of science, now I have P.E... with Jakob, great.

I walk into the girls change room and change into my sport clothes which is just school shorts and running top.

I walk out of the change room and join the rest of the class.

"Okay everyone, today we will be playing volleyball. I've already picked the teams so just sit quietly until I get the nets sorted" Mrs Andrews announces.

We all break off into our own groups and chat away.

"Hey babe" I hear Jakob say from behind me, I roll my eyes and turn around as I cross my arms, he looks so innocent, his eyes glisten in the sunlight and his smile... no Chelse, you're pissed at him.

"Everything okay?" He asks forrowing his eyebrows

"Mhm" I simply say and walk off to the sound of Mrs Andrew's whistle.

We seperate into our teams, and to my luck Jakob is on my team.

Alannah starts with the ball and serves it over to the other side. We have a rally before the other team fumbles the ball and it hits the ground, we cheer and serve again.

A couple of minutes past of this and I see a girl named Tahlia and Jakob exchanging looks.

Alanna serves the ball again, we rally and as soon as I get the chance I spike the ball down at Tahlia which hits her in the head and she falls to the ground.

"Chelsea! We do not tolerate unsportsmanlike behaviour here! Go and get changed, your done for the day" Mrs Andrews yells at me

I storm off into the change rooms

*Jakob's POV*
Chelsea storms off to the change rooms, after a couple of minutes I walk in to see what's houngan on with her.

"Hey, what's going on with you?" I ask

"Whats going on with me? More like what's going on with you?" She immediately shoots back

"Nothing's going on with me" I defend

"Then what's with all the looks you're giving other girls? And talking to Holly when just yesterday you were basically yelling at her for saying shit about me" I can see the anger building up inside of her, for a moment there was silence but it was broken by her slamming her locker and walking off

"Chelsea!" I say running after her and grabbing her hand which she reacts to by turning around

"What Jakob?" She says clearly not in the mood to even look at me

"Is everything okay between us?" I say simply and quietly, she sighs and looks down

"I don't know Jakob, is it? Because you're eyes seem to wander a lot when other girls are around. If you don't want to be with me anymore, just say it" she says as she tries to understand my thoughts, but I don't even know my own thoughts.

I look at her not knowing what to say or how to react. She looks at me one last time before walking off with her head hung low. She stops and turns back towards me

"Maybe we should take a break... come and talk to me when your done looking at other girls"

Did- did she just break up with me?

*Chelsea's POV*
I think... I just broke up with him.

Maybe this will be good for us, this will give us a chance to figure out how we feel about each other.

It's getting to a point were we just confuse and mess with each other because we are bored with ourselves, and we shouldn't be doing that.

They rest of the day I didn't feel like talking to anyone so I just kept to myself.