Chapter 3

Niall came out of the school. He smiled at the sight of Calvin standing there, clueless. Niall tapped the little one's shoulder. Calvin flinched at the touch.

"are you ready mate?" niall smiled. Calvin nodded. They both walked to a park nearby. Niall talked about where he used to live. To Calvin, his stories seems so awesome. Calvin's eyes lit up which made niall smile. "so tell me, what accident caused you to loose your voice?" calvin guided niall to an empty bench underneath a tree. He got out his note book and started writing. He stopped on some parts and took deep breath. Then, he stopped completely. He turned to Niall and showed him the notebook.

"when I was 5 my mom, dad and I was coming back from my grandma and grandpa's house. While my dad was driving, a car came out of know where and crashed into us making the car flip. A big piece of glass went into my throat."

Niall sat there confused and sad. "what about your mum and dad?" Calvin's eyes widen. He looked down and tears started streaming down him face. Niall leaned in and hugged him. "I'm sorry, I didn't know...." Calvin stood up and waved goodbye to him. What niall didn't know, Calvin is traumatized by the accident. Witnessing everything. Everything. And his mom, the thought of what happened to her only hurted his heart badly. He missed his mom. Ever since the accident, ever since his mother's death, things went horrible. Neglected by his father, he seemed so depressed. Stuck in his room, lost all of his friends. He even forgot what his own voice sounds like. Even his mother's laugh. Or his father's corny jokes.

As he walked in his home shaking in fear of his father's reaction. There he was, waiting for him. Just standing there angry. Now, calvin is terrified.

"where were you?!" calvin's father yelled. Calvin quickly got out his notebook but was snatched away by his father. "im sick and tired OF YOUR SHIT!". Calvin backed away slowly. He grabbed calvin by the shirt and threw him to the wall causing him to bleed on the head. "get up and take your shirt off." He demanded. Calvin was so weak but he had to obey his order or else he'll end up locked in the closet again. As he took of his shirt, his father grabbed a thin metal bar and warmed it up in the fire place. "turn around, boy.". calvin started to tear up as he turned around. The father then forcefully pressed the extremely hot metal on calvin's back making calvin fall to the ground in tears. He couldn't scream for help. All he can do was breathe heavily and cry. His legs were weak. The father sat on the couch drinking alcohol completely ignoring the silent weeping boy on the ground.