Chapter 29

Niall woke up in a very bright white room. He was in the hospital. His arms and legs were wrapped with bandages. He got up and turned his head to see calvin laying in bed asleep. His neck is wrapped with bandages. He was smiling. "calvin..?" Niall whispered. Calvin moaned a bit but opened his eyes slowly. "hey sleepy head" Niall giggled

"....hey Niall" calvin said. Calvin shot up and held his neck. There was no pain or the feeling of the shard moving around. No blood either. " Niall I can talk I CAN TALK!!!" calvin jumped on to Niall, kissing him profusely. Rose came in the room with a happy look on her face. Calvin got out of bed and hugged his grandmother. "GRANDMA GRANDMA LOOK I CAN TALK I CAN TALK!!!"

"i miss that beautiful voice. Oh my. Calvin your father is in jail. They found him at a parking lot trying to kill himself." Calvin backed away. He was thinking hard but took a deep breathe

"I want to see him... please" calvin turned to look at Niall. "...fine I'll drive..." Niall sighed.

After awhile, they were finally able to leave the hospital. As Niall drove to the jail, calvin rambled about everything he can think of. Calvin was so happy he can finally talk which made Niall happy too.

They finally reached the jail. Calvin too another deep breath and held onto his mother's necklace. "are you sure you want to go alone?" Niall asked. Calvin turned to him and nodded. He got out of the car and walked in. he went towards the lady who must be the receptionist. "um...hi....my name is calvin...I would like to talk to my father, greg." The receptionist took notice but didn't say a word to him. She got up and pressed a button which made a metal door open. Calvin walked in and followed one of the security guard. "so...you're the son of the maniac?" he asked.

"im sorry sir but hes no maniac. Hes my father. What he did wasn't him, it was his anger. Deep down inside, he truly wanted to get over the death of my mom. But I mean, her death was gruesome. What would you do if you were stuck in that situation" the security guard went silent. They went into the room. There were people on one side and inmates on the other. Talking through phones. Calvin sat on the last booth. "your father will be with you shortly" the security guard said as he walked away. Calvin sat there nervously. "how would he react." Calvin thought. After a few minutes, Greg came from the other side. He looked shock seeing calvin alive maybe? They both grab the telephone in unison.

"calvin...?"

"hi dad..."

"y-y...you can talk?!"

".....they operated on me after Niall saved me from the fire..."

Greg looked down. He began to tear up.

"don't cry dad. It wasn't you...it was your anger." Calvin took off martha's necklace and placed it in the compartment. He pushed it in which was opening on the otherside. Greg took it and started crying hard.

"calvin....i...im....im so fucking sorry for everything..." he cried. Calvin placed his hand on the window, Greg did the same. "its ok dad...I still love you." Calvin began to cry. They both cried together.

It would be the last time Calvin would ever see his father again.