Chapter 4

Calvin crawled up the stairs. He struggled but he ended up in his room. It was late, he was tired of basically everything. He climbed in bed and cried harder then he heard his phone buzz. It was niall. He hesitated to reply but, really needed to tell him everything.

N: hey sorry about earlier mate...

C: niall.....i need to tell you something...

N: are you ok? You seem upset....whats wrong

{Calvin is typing}

Calvin stopped and thought to himself. He questioned if he should tell him.

N: .... mate...?

C: ....I'll show you tomorrow...if I can make it.

The message brought a concerned expression to niall.

N: ....calvin

C: goodnight...

Calvin shut down his phone and laid on his bed. It was completely dark only the moon shining bright passing through the window. He liked it that way. It was beautiful to him. He was able to sleep because of all the crying. He slowly drifted off to dreamland.

"Calvin.... Calvin.... wake up sweetie..."

That voice. That voice was so recognizable. "Calvin.... don't tell me you're going sleep throughout the whole day!"

"mom....?" Calvin questioned

"oh finally! You're awake! Guess what day it is!?"

Calvin laid there confused.

"it's your birthday!! You're finally five years old"

".... five"

"come downstairs ok sweetie!" her words echoed as she slowly walked out of the room. Slowly walking out of Calvin's life. Forever.

"Calvin.... Calvin......Calvin...heheh" her laugh, her smile, the way she would call his name. all too familiar. She's been haunting him every night in his dream. Calvin hearing himself.... for the last time. Calvin sat up sweating. Breathing heavily. He saw it was morning. Great. Just great.