Chapter 5

Calvin put on a long sleeve sweatshirt. He had to wear long sleeved clothes so he can hide the scars. He wasn't surprised to see his father passed out on the couch. He walked slowly to the door but flinched at the sound the beer bottle being thrown at the wall. Calvin turned his head. Turns out his father was awake. "you better get your ass back here after school!" Calvin nodded and waved goodbye.

Calvin was getting worried. he hoped niall forgot about last night. he's been thinking about him a lot. It was uncertain what this feeling that has been developing inside of his heart was. Calvin was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize that niall was walking right next to him. "Calvin" he spoke soothingly. Calvin turned his head to see him. He blushed badly. How he said his name made him feel good. He wrote on the notebook and showed it to niall.

Good morning!

Niall frowned which concerned Calvin. "your arm..." he said with a huge amount concern. Calvin noticed that his one sleeve was up. he quickly pulled it down but niall grabbed his arm tightly and dragged him in the school and into the bathroom. "show me your arm." Niall demanded. Calvin took a step back then shook his head. "Calvin...show me your arm" Calvin shook his head again. "CALVIN". The little boy was shaken at the sudden raise of voice from the taller one. Calvin looked down and began to slowly lift the sleeve up revealing countless marking of abuse. His skin was basically purple. Niall took a step back. Immedietly, his face went from shocked to pure anger.

"WHO THE FUCK DID THIS?!" he yelled. Calvin didn't want to get out his notebook this time. He instead did sign language. He did a series of hand gestures making niall confused. "sorry I don't speak fucking hand gestures tell me who the hell did this to you." Calvin started to cry as he brought the notebook out.

My dad

Niall stared at the notebook. Calvin cried harder as niall came and hugged him tightly. "have you told anyone?" Calvin shook his head no. niall looked at the tearful boy. Calvin looked at the concerned taller boy. What is the feeling. This feeling inside him that grows and grows. What is this feeling, every time he stares at him. It seemed so silent, staring deeply into Niall's eyes. It almost felt like the world was out of our reach in the good way. Niall leaned in slowly. To kiss Calvin? They both leaned in closer and closer. Their lips almost touch until the bell rang startling the little one. Niall stepped back a bit. "sorry...uh...I'll see you in class" Niall quickly left the restroom leaving Calvin speechless. Calvin realized everything. He realized what this feeling was. The feeling that grew and grew from the moment he saw Niall. It was all clear. Calvin was in love with a boy.

Calvin was in love with Niall.