Chapter 8: New Allies

Yami stood, looking around the room.  There were old faces, and new ones.  He sighed.  Even though it was to be expected, he wished the tension was a little less palpable.  He cleared his throat, and the chatter in the room started subsiding.

     "Thank you all for coming on such short notice."

     "Ya know, hon, if I have to keep coming here, I'm going to get different wallpaper for this room."  Mai smirked, laying a hand on a short, muscular man's arm.  His piercing blue eyes lit up as he smiled at Mai under shaggy brown hair.  "What do you think, Valon?"

     "Definitely, Mai.  Bright orange, don'tcha think?" 

     There was a smattering of chuckles, then silence as Yami cleared his throat.  Yugi was sitting immediately to Yami's right.  Seto was sitting to his left, Kisara sitting next to him.  The prowl was piled up near Yugi on the floor, Joey farthest away, in a corner, eyes on the ground.  Malik and Marik sat, arm in arm, Malik still refusing to wear clothes, tail protectively around Marik.

     Suddenly, two women walked in.  One, the taller, had long auburn hair, pale skin, and piercing green eyes.  She was thin, but very muscular.  Smiling at Yami, she waved.  "Sorry we were late, we got...distracted with something."  Eyes lovingly on the other woman who came in.  This woman was shorter, petite, with royal blue eyes, dark brown hair to her waist pulled back in a braid, and pale skin.  Running from right below her left eye, over the bridge of her nose, was a well healed scar.

     Yami smiled warmly at them.  "Aeon, Kurasha, it is so good to see you both again.  Are you the only two from Wyrm?"

     Aeon smiled brightly.  "Yep, we are all that could make it."  She sat down on an empry seat on the couch.  Kurasha shifted, looking slightly  uncomfortable.

     "Yes, Kurasha?"  Yami smiled, noticing Kurasha's discomfort.  "You aren't going to offend me."

     Kurasha sighed, sitting down on Aeon's lap.  "Wyrm are forbidden from helping you.  The High One believes that you bring your own trouble.  Aeon and I....we don't agree with The High One.  And since he cannot control us, nor oust us, we can do as we please.  But I do not think we will be able to get others to help."  She looked down regretfully.

     "Well, I thank you for your support."  Yami smiled kindly.  "Now..." he looked around, voice becoming stern, "those that are here tonight will be treated in peace and respect.  If anyone chooses to disrespect that...you will deal with me."  Silence followed this statement.

     "Sorry!  Sorry we're late!"  A young man in his twenties ran in with a shock of yellow hair and bright blue eyes that shone with excitement.  He was followed by a young man with dark black hair and brooding dark eyes.  A pink haired girl came in, as well as a short dark haired girl with pale lavender eyes and black hair.  All wore form fitting black pants, boots, and long sleeved black shirts.

     Yami smiled broadly, embracing the blonde in a hug.  "Naruto, it is wonderful to see you."  Turning to the other male, he bowed.  "Sasuke."  A small head bow was all he got in return.  "Sakura" he bowed to the pink haired girl, "and Hinata.  Welcome."  The girls both bowed, then the four went to another part of the room and sat on the floor, as chair space was at a premium.

     "Now, as I was saying...I am bringing in a guest.  No harm will come to him."  Ryou walked in then, with Bakura.  Bakura was gagged and bound, and looked pissed.

     Voices started raising in anger all around the room.  "Silence!"  Yami ordered, and the room went silent, most angry eyes not leaving Bakura.