Chapter 13: The Ninjas

Joey turned and led the group back to the park.  As they rushed out of the door of the club,  Kisara was reaching to open the door.

     "Kisara!"  Seto exclaimed.  Kisara took a step towards Seto. 

     Joey stood in front of Seto protectively.  "She was da one dere when Yug' was taken."

     Naruto looked at the pale woman.  "Hey...Kisara, is it?"  She looked to him, nodding slowly.  "Hey...do you know where our friend Yugi is?"

     At the mention of Yugi's name, she straightened up, stiffening.  She looked to Seto who put his hand on Joey's shoulder, restraining him.  Her face turned impassive.  "No."

     Sasuke stared at the woman, noting the change in posture.  Taking a step toward, Sasuke asked, quietly, "Do you want to reconsider your answer?"

     Kisara remained silent, staring at Sasuke.  "Guys, she knows more than she's saying." Sakura noted.  "Look, whatever you were promised, it's a lie.  Please, tell us where our friend is."  Sakura pleaded.

      Kisara stared at her, silent.

     "Kisara, if you do not tell us where Yugi is, you are dead to me.  The Kisara I knew would never risk an innocent...for any reason." Seto stated, coldly.

     Kisara's lip trembled, a tear staining her cheek.  Still, she said nothing.

     Yami took a step forward, before being stopped by Seto.  "Listen, bitch.  Tell me where Yugi is or you will wish you were dead."

      After even more silence, Sasuke looked to Naruto.  Naruto gave a slight nod.  Sasuke reached out, clamping Kisara's wrist.  Suddenly, there was a puff of smoke and Sasuke and Kisara were gone.

     "NYEH!"  Joey jumped, possessively wrapping Seto in his arms.  "Where'd dey go?"

     "To get answers."  Sakura said, her mouth set in a grim line.  Hinata moved over to Naruto, looking at him,  placing a hand on his arm.  Naruto looked down at her, his face a mask of grim determination, and nodded, once.

     *****************************

     On the rooftop of Hawkins Tower, Sasuke and Kisara appeared.  Letting go of her wrist, Sasuke faced Kisara.  Kisara looked around, frightened.  As Kisara watched, Sasuke's face turned demonesque, irises turning the color of blood.

     "Where is Yugi?" Sasuke asked quietly.

     Trembling was the only answer he received.

     "Don't make me ask twice.  Where did they take Yugi?"  Venom dripped from his voice.

     Still no response.

     In a flash, Sasuke went from standing in front of her to standing behind her, his blade drawn and at her throat.  "I am not as nice as those vampires you know.  Now, tell me, before I do things to you that your nightmares would have nightmares of." he whispered dangerously calm in her ear.

     Kisara's body started shaking with fear.  "I...I don't know!  It was a woman...she said my Seto was under a spell because of Joey... and Yugi had to be sacrificed..I was just trying to save Seto!"  Tears tracked down her face.

     The blade still to her throat, "Which way did they go?"

     "I...I don't know.  The woman laid a black cloth on the ground, grabbed Yugi, and stepped in it...like a hole or something.  Then it disappeared."

     Sasuke grabbed her wrist, and they were gone from the roof, as if they were never there.

     ******************************

     The group waited tensely for Sasuke's return.  When the duo popped back into view, Yami took a step to them.  "Anything?"  Eyes on Sasuke.

     "She doesn't know where they are.  But, some kind of cloth was laid on the ground and the woman stepped through it with Yugi, it closing up afterwards.  She," he nodded at Kisara, "was trying to save Seto from some spell that Joey had put on him.  She was told the way to do that was to sacrifice Yugi."  Sasuke's eyes looked to Naruto.  Naruto looked at Hinata.

     Hinata turned, looking at Joey and Seto.  Raising her fingers in a cross formation, her eyes got larger, her veins protruding in her forehead.  Suddenly she stopped, looking back at Naruto, her eyes becoming smaller and the veins disappearing.  "No spell."

     Yami paled, fangs baring, a primal growl uttering from his throat as he faced Kisara.  Seto stepped in front of Yami.  "No.  We will deal with her later.  Now, we need to find Yugi."

     Sasuke looked at Sakura.  Sakura chewed on her lip a bit.  "It sounds like a portable hole.  Basically, a portable hole will allow the user to create a hole to step in.  However, it is just a hole.  There had to be a tunnel for them to go through to disappear, or the person has to close the hole and create a new one in front of them, step through that, and keep doing that to the destination."

     Naruto looked at Sakura.  "How far could they have gotten?"

     Sakura thought a moment.  "Well, assuming the person needed air...they couldn't have went far under ground.  Maybe within a mile?"

     Naruto looked at Hinata again.  She nodded once more.  Making the same formation with her fingers, her eyes grew bigger, her veins appearing again.  She slowly started turning in a circle.  She stopped, directly north of where they were, then kept turning again.  Finally, after doing a 360 degree turn, she stopped, hands going down, face returning to normal.  "I can't see over in the bottom of that building over there.  It's really distorted."

     Looking at the building, knowledge hit them all.  They all took off at a break neck pace to Hawkins Tower.