Chapter 14: Payback

****Warning, rape/ noncons/torture triggers here.  Don't like or are sensitive, don't read.****

     Yugi stared at the blackness of the face in the cloak.  He couldn't help but shiver at the maliciousness in the tone.

     "W..who are you?" he asked, trying to stall for time.  The pain was intense...the room was ice cold, but the silver chains binding him felt like fire on his skin.

     "Maelstrom."  A hand slid out of the cloak.  It was Caucasian, pale, and somewhat small.  Fingers traced down Yugi's chest, running over some of the burns from the silver netting.

     "Y..your voice...it sounds so...familiar."  Yugi stated, revulsing away from the touch.

     There was a malevolent chuckle.  "Boy...this is not a Hollywood movie...I am not going to slip my cloak back and reveal who I am.  The only sure victory is an anonymous one."  And with that, she reached up, grabbing Yugi's hair in a fist, slamming his head against the stone.  Stars and sparks of color swam before his eyes as they slid unfocused.

     Her snake like tongue came out again, licking the blood on his chest.  He could feel her hot breath slithering on his skin.  Grabbing a silver plated dagger, she placed the point at his chest.  Dipping the blade tip in a pot of something that steamed, she pulled it out, liquid silver dripping from the tip.

     Flesh sizzled, creating a sickening stench of burned and destroyed flesh.  The blade sliced on his skin as she would make one cut, dip the blade, make another cut, and dip the blade again.  Yugi screamed in pain.

     The hand suddenly stopped.  "You are resilient."  Maelstrom purred.  "You shouldn't even be able to be conscious."  Yugi's head hung low, sweat dripping on the stone floor.

     "Go to hell, bitch."  Yugi spat, flesh burning at the chains that held him, but his legs too weak from blood loss and pain to support him.

      Maelstrom laughed.  "Oh, no...why would I do that?  It is much more fun up here."  Stepping closer to Yugi, the hot breath on his chest, she leaned close.  "I still smell him on you."

     Yugi hung limply, a small whimper in his throat.  Reaching a hand out, she ran her fingers delicately along his shaft.  He jerked away in revulsion.

     "You killed me once...torturing me to the worst hell there was...exile...abandonment...well, let's see how that feels to you...what will you do when Yami abandons you?"

     Yugi looked up, the dull thud of the migraine and probable concussion showing in his eyes.  "Yami won't abandon me.  Our love is beyond time."

     A primal growl of rage escaped her throat.  Grabbing his arms, she jerked them out of the chains, shattering his hands with the force wrought to rip his hands through the shackles.  Throwing him on the floor, still shackled at the feet, she put her foot on the back of his neck.

     Whimpering, unable to use his hands or wrists, he tried to get up by his elbows.  When she applied more pressure to the back of his neck, he quit resisting as breathing became more of an obstacle.  Appearing in her hand, unbenownst to Yugi, was a large wooden handle covered in silver metal spikes.  Adjusting her position accordingly, she shoved the handle up Yugi's anus, ripping the soft tissue there, blood pouring out.  Yugi let out a scream of anguish, more bloodcurdlingly primal than any others ever made. 

     Suddenly, hearing something, she stood, jerking her head to the door.  Jerking the handle out, causing more damage, she grabbed Yugi by the throat, throwing him against the wall,  his back sliding down until he lay on his side on the floor.  Quickly, she dissipated as the door was shattered, seven people rushing in.

     Yami's blood ran colder than before as he saw his aibou in the bloody shape he was in.  Running to Yugi, he gently put a hand on Yugi's face.  Eyes fluttering open, Yugi looked, seeing Yami.  "Unmei no hito, you came."  he whispered, before sliding into unconsciousness.

     Hinata gasped in sheer horror as Naruto gripped her, pulling her into a hug, both seeing the gruesome sight. The others just gaped, bile rising in Joey's throat.  There, carved in Yugi's chest and stomach in silver cuts, blood drying in rivulets down from the slices, were the words "You can't save him."