Chapter 31

Bethanies POV...

I decide to check my phone after about 5 hours. It's gone off about 9 times.

From Abby: Why so sorry?

From Abby: Where are you oh my god!! We are on in 5!!

From Leroy: Abs, I'm sorry. But we have to talk.

From Harry: Can't stop thinking about you. Don't exactly know why...

From Niall: You doin okay babe? Heard the sad news, hope your dad is doing okay.

From Veronica: I miss you, what have you been up to?

From Abby: I hate you...

From Harry: How's your dad?

From Johnny: Hey Beth it's Johnny and Harvey, you okay? We've been speaking with Marcel.

From Marcel: I miss you baby! Soo much! Can you come home? Love you! Come home soon. I'll be waiting ;P

I wipe a tear that's just slipped out of my eye. Well, Abby hates me. Marcel misses me and the others just wanna know how I'm doing. Except the one with Harry is caring too. Why do people make my life so difficult?

"Hey sweetie. You want some coffee? Tea?" My mo pokes her head through the cracked door. She glances at dad and then back at me. I shake my head and sit back in my chair.

"No thank you mom." She sighs and walks in closing the door behind her. Uh, here comes another one of those speeches...

She clears her throat and straightens her dress, "What's going on honey? You seem down?" Her furrowed eyebrows let me know that she's actually worried.

"Well, it seems like I've let all my friends down. Abby is heart broken about the X Factor thing. Then there's the whole controversy with H-" WAIT. She doesn't know about him. Only Marcel...

"About who? Is Marcel treating you badly?" Her voice quickens at the ending. I stand up and put my hand on her shoulders.

"Calm down. No, he's fine. And no one. I didn't mean to say anything about that. But-"

"No. You tell me right now who's hurting you!" She narrows her eyes at my remark of Harry.

"Mom I'm fine, no one is hurting me!" I try to calm her down by rubbing her back. She doesn't take it, slapping my hands away.

"You have been very distant lately sweetheart. Tell me what is the matter." Her hand comes up to caress my cheek. I let her softly. Could any of this be worse?

"Well there's this guy n-named Harry. He's Marcel's twin. They don't like each other." I state. She nods for me to keep going.

"And well, I guess he Li-"

"Mrs Lynn? May I see you out in the hall?" The doctor interrupts. She groans and holds up her finger.

"I'll be right back..." She says before leaving out into the hall. I look at my dad who is in a deep coma. I shake my head and pull out my phone.

Ring. Ring.

"C'mon, pick it up!" I whisper yell.

"Hello?" His sweet voice fills me with joy. I smile and head towards the window.

"I'm coming." I open the window and look down. The ground is maybe a few inches away. Good thing too because to be honest, I wouldn't want to jump out of a tall window.

"Where Bethanie? You're going where?" Marcel's voice is breathy like he's trying to be quiet. I smile.

"I'm coming to see you!" He coughs and it sounds horrible. Why am I sneaking out? Because my mom would kill me if she found out I was leaving just to go see my stupid boyfriend.

"Be careful babe." His voice is low. Then there's another voice...

"Who is it?" Harry. He sounds tired and sleepy.

Then there's a loud thump. I almost twist my ankle jumping from the noise.

"Marcel?" I ask. There's breathing but no talking.

"Don't come Bethanie. Don't." I can't tell who's saying it. They both sound alike. So I dart my eyes around for a car.

"I'm coming and no one can stop me." I hang up the phone and hop into my moms car that I spotted.

I need to get there as quickly as I can.

_______________________________

So who do you think is hurt and who do you think is the cause of it? Do I've noticed that this book is a bit confusing and hard to follow but just trust me, it'll get better! Thanks for reading y'all Love you <3