Chapter four

Evangeline's POV

Wow that was weird. One of the popular girls wants to have a sleepover with me? This has got to be a joke. A prank! It has got to be a prank.

After thinking about it... she really is nice. I don't think she would do that. Plus I heard her best friend dumped her, so maybe she just needs a friend.

I walk to class which I have with Violet, summers twin sister.

I sit down in my seat only to see Violet walk in. She looked mad. I hope it wasn't because I had a bad reaction to her sisters question! Voices started filling the room as all the students walked in.

"Violet? What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"You look mad."

"Keep your opinions to your best friend." I frowned at her comment. I didn't exactly have a best friend. Maybe she was talking about her sister? With my curiosity, of course I had to ask.

"Who are you talking about?"

She looked at me and glared. "Shut up and get out of my fricken face!"

I was hurt by her shouting and tears swelled up in my eyes. I was very sensitive to things like that... my father he- no that a story for another time. Well... no I'm ready to think about it again.

Flashback: 7 years old

"Goodnight mommy." My mother tucked me into bed as she did every night. She left the room with the nightlight on. She knew I was afraid of the dark. "Goodnight sweetie." She smiled closing the door. I knew the second she closed the door that her smile dropped. Mine did too when I heard the front door slam.

"I'm home! Get your asses down here!" My father... he was drunk as usual. He came home from the bar after a hard day at work every Friday night. My mother would always peel in the door telling me to go back to bed and ignore him.

I would always want to listen to my father. I thought 'he would never hurt me.' But he hurt my mother. She always took the hit for me. Just so I could sleep and be protected. She always protected me. But that one night... I was so stupid! My mere 7 year old brain got the best of me.

One Friday night I was curious as to what my father looked like when he was drunk. My mother did the same as always and peeked in the door telling me to sleep. I pretended to do so, but really got up and walked to my door. My mother always went straight downstairs to block him from getting anywhere close to me.

So I went downstairs; my stupid little brain! I tip toes down the creaky steps, and the second my foot hit the creak, my father looked up. "No! Stop! Stay away from her!" My mother tried to stop him. "Get back in your room! Hurry!" My mother yelled to me.

I didn't listen. I couldn't listen. All I had my focus on was the large man whom I did not recognize coming towards me. He slammed my mother up against the wall. "Mommy?" I looked at her with tears in my eyes.

"You stupid little brat! Your so spoiled! You don't deserve what I bring home for you every day! You deserve a good slap on the head!" My father yelled.

Tears were slipping down my cheeks, and I couldn't move. "Daddy?" I didn't recognize the man that stood before me, but he was my father. "Please! Don't touch my baby girl!" That all I could hear coming from my mothers mouth.

I still couldn't move as everything turned to slow motion. I could see the large hand moving towards my face in full force. "Daddy?" Was the only thing I could say before the hand made contact. My little seven year old body couldn't take the force. I was pushed back into the wall with a red mark planted on my face. Before I knew it, there were two red marks. Then three. Four, five, six, a blooding nose, a split lip, a black eye, a broken arm, sirens and flashing lights before everything went black.

End of flashback

My lip was quivering as a tear rolled down my soft pale cheeks. No... I was in school. I couldn't act like this. But I did. I got up from my seat and walked out of the room into the bathroom. As I sat down against the wall I lifted up my shirt to see my stomach. It was still there. The scar. The scat of which my father gave to me that night.

After the police had shown up he cut my stomach deeply in my skin. He was taken to jail... I haven't seen him since then...

WOOO!! YEAH FOURTH CHAPTER!! I'm in the car and I'm tired. If it's bad tell me. If it's good please tell me to lift my spirits. I just want to go to sleep. HOLY SHOT I KUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING!!! I REALLY HOPE I DID MY HOMEWORK THST WAS DIE LAST MONDAY!!! OH SHITTTT!!!!! Please God... tell me I finished that in class...?