13: Escape

After that, the guard left me alone with my thoughts. That's dangerous. Especially for me. It sucks. So I just sat there on my bed thinking. I almost killed those kids so now I'm transferred and I can't even control it. Now how is that fair. Why am I the only one who can't control my power. Oh well. No use whining about it since there is no way to cure it.

Don't get me wrong. I want a normal life. I life where I could just come home and say that I had a great day. Tell my mom and dad that there was no magic accidents. That there was no deaths. I want to be able to call my friends and talk on the phone for hours. Go to a party and have fun. Be yelled out for being out after curfew. I want to be able to go outside and walk the city alone without having mobs of people try to sacrifice me. I want to be a kid. Not the heir to the crown. I want to live a life without worrying about my purpose. I want to live without having the binds of the word "Human."

Humans. The top of the food chain and yet we are all like sheep scrambling under each other. The shepherd of the lord. God rules us and we follow him. That is the way of a human. Although if god created us then who created god. No one knows for sure because that is the way of the human. Peace. War. Death. Life. What are the meaning to these words? Why must we live? Why must we die? Why must we be loyal? Why can't we all just get along and have a perfect world. One without war.

Soon all of the bar doors closed and locked. I guess that means it's time for bed. 

~.~

I woke and was expecting to see Min and Twyla sleeping on their beds but it was just a dark room with the bar door. A old dusty room with nobody but me. No friends. No life, well besides that bacteria everywhere. I'm not saying that it is a gross place, but bacteria is everywhere people. Science. I sat up and yawned. Ugh. Doors aren't open yet. 

"Perfect. You need to get out of this prison. Are you going to do it?" 

"Why would I do that. This place is on lockdown." I tried to reason. I knew it was a bad idea from the start, but you can't blame me for trying. A long silence followed through after that. It was deathly silent. Why can't a fly buzz pass or something. Just stop the silence.

"Okay then. I was trying to be nice. Rest." my eyes dulled. "Now my slave. You must find a way out of this place. Then make your way back to the school. Is that clear?" I nodded and walked to the bars. My fingers felt the bars. Then one of them bent a little. I stopped when my heart screamed in pain. It felt as though a hand has grabbed it and started to squeeze. My body stayed in a trance but I felt the pain.

"Come on. You can do it." the voice told me. My body then bent the bars completely out of the way. Tears ran down my face as the pain surged and subsided. My body looked to both sides and started to run. My body used a magic to  cloak my presence. Well more like slip into the shadows. I was on my way back.

"Good. Rest. Now that your out here your going to get back. I just don't feel like looking over you right now." I was released from my prison. Now that I was not under control I can no longer use magic so I was no visible. I nodded and kept running.

*Time Skip*
*Role Call*

"Bobbie Feather" The guard called.

"Here." a person said.

"Cathy Carlston."

"Here."

"Hanta Marple." silence followed. Then he looked up and saw my door. He growled and picked up his walkie talkie.

"This is Officer Brown. New student, Hanta Marple, has escaped. Track her down." he said.

I listened as sirens went off. Great. Just was I need. Then I heard barking. Tracking dogs too. I ran and came to the fence. I growled at it. I grabbed a hold of the chain link and started to climb. I was about to get probably seven feet off the ground and a german shepherd jumped and grabbed my ankle. He yanked on it and I fell off landing on the ground. Another appeared and grabbed me by the jacket. It ripped and the dog jumped back on command from his master who was now yelling some things at them while running up to me. Both dogs then kept there eyes on me as they would nip at me if I attempted to move. So I just sat there inspecting the deep wounds caused by the dogs teeth on my ankle. I held my hand to my ankle and tears flowed down my face. I couldn't move my ankle. At all. The men finally made it near me and stood next to the dogs with tranquilizer guns pointed to me.

"Hanta Marple. Do you surrender?" one of them said. I sighed.

"The right thing to say is that am I loyal. No matter how you look at it we have no choice to surrender or not. The thing that decides that is out we loyal to the grand design." I said.

"How can a human even say that?" asked one of the men. I smiled.

"Are you sure that I am a human. Are you sure that you are a human. Maybe that dog is a human. Who knows? No one that's who. You never know what makes you human." that was my last words before a tranquilizer dart hit me in the side.

-----------------------
Word Count: 1002